Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had bad vibrations in my front end from 45-60 mph while accelerating. So I tore the whole front end down, replaced axles with new ones, lower control arms, outter tie rods, sway bar links, new dorman hubs, new timken bearings. The vibration is still there and way less than it was though. Any ideas would be very helpful. Car only has 82k miles on it

·
Registered
593 Posts
I recently had bad vibrations in my front end from 45-60 mph while accelerating. So I tore the whole front end down, replaced axles with new ones, lower control arms, outter tie rods, sway bar links, new dorman hubs, new timken bearings. The vibration is still there and way less than it was though. Any ideas would be very helpful. Car only has 82k miles on it View attachment 147142 View attachment 147143 View attachment 147139 View attachment 147140 View attachment 147141
upper spring mounts?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, those are the ones..

So I think I have it narrowed down to the clutch or something clutch related, while going down the road if I barely lay my foot on the clutch pedal the vibration goes away, it's also doing it now on deceleration and when I got to work today and put car in neutral and let out of the clutch it started vibrating like crazy. 🥺

·
Super Moderator
15,844 Posts
Is it a clutch you installed? If so what type is it?

Also, really good looking work, always nice to see a well taken care of SRT-4. Sometimes you see one that has a beautiful appearance and paint job, then in the suspension and behind the engine it is disaster city, rust and missing parts, etc. Good to see you putting a lot of effort into it, even if the problem isn't solved quite yet.

I know the feeling, I'm currently dealing with the distinct possibility of a ruined 500 dollar clutch...

with 105 miles on it :(

But, keeping my head up and working on other improvements, putting a bunch of new prothane bushings on currently.

·
Registered
593 Posts
So I think I have it narrowed down to the clutch or something clutch related, while going down the road if I barely lay my foot on the clutch pedal the vibration goes away, it's also doing it now on deceleration and when I got to work today and put car in neutral and let out of the clutch it started vibrating like crazy.
have you checked the carrier bearing on the stub shaft?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts