Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am having an issue with my turbo, I just installed a new built motor (Ported Heads, Wiseco Pistons, Manley Rods, Titanium springs & retainers, new valves and stage 1 crower intake cam, stage 2 crower exhaust cam etc). Car also has 3" turbo back, 4" cai, boomba fuel rail, walbro 255, agp wastegate (not adjustable), msd block, granitelli wires, agp uhp with hks.

So when throttle increases up to 3750-4000 and gets into any boost the car starts to stutter and backfire. My first reaction is wastegate, or the plug gap (currently at 0.50), or a vacuum leak. If I stay out of boost and accelerate it will go over 4000 rpm with no issues. The car has thrown bank 1 rich code once, and the typical P1188 as I capped off my red line and have an 05 s0 pcm. I have noticed my vacuum will go from 15-25, and my car leans out as soon as boost hits. Also reverted from 91 diablo tune to stock tune.

Not really sure where to go from here, any insight will be appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
I would first try tightening up that plug gap some.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
"msd block, granitelli wires "

It would be easy to try using the OEM coil pack instead of the made in china MSD.
Not crazy about the Granitelli wires either and would use plenty of dielectric grease anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I changed the plug gap to .40 and swapped to my oem coilpack. Car ran well but was running out of fuel after 5500 rpm and was pinging.

I was driving conservatively until I got it tuned. Today I started it up and sounds like a bad misfire (not sure what cylinders but sounds like it’s only firing 2), changed the wires to ngk and same issue.

I replaced the cam sensor and magnet, cleaned the injectors (10% variance across them), new NGK Irdium plugs.

The issue started off only in boost, but now even when accelerating in 1st or 2nd around 2-3 grand it will loose all power and feel like it’s about to stall, than catch itself.

I am going to check my vacuum as well cause it is all over the place from 15-30.

Any ideas on why the issue has came back after only 3 days? I reused my old coilpack pre motor build which I never had any issues with it.. (shows max 58 degrees on diablo monitoring pages) (AFR shows 14-15 on idle and will go from 11-13 upon acceleration, I can’t wot as the car will backfire)

thanks for the input :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts