60 ft =2.18
330 ft = 5.94
1/8 = 8.9
1/8 mph = 82
1000 ft = 11.56
1000 mph = 94.36
1/4 et = 13.77
1/4 mph = 101.56

this is my best time and speed with my mods. i launch at ~2000 rpms, i shift at ~5900rpms.i have my wga set to 18 dropping to 14 @ redline. is this the best i can expect or am i doing things wrong ? i have had better 60 ft's 2.0 but 1/4 et was a low 14. :flame: tell me what i need to do (w/o getting more mods).

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Get it dynoed if possible, Have the AFRs checked. You should be running faster with your mods. Are you WOT shifting? Shift it at 6000 rpm. adjust from there depending on how your car feels. PS: nice stripes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
addictedtosin said:
Get it dynoed if possible, Have the AFRs checked. You should be running faster with your mods. Are you WOT shifting? Shift it at 6000 rpm. adjust from there depending on how your car feels. PS: nice stripes :thumbsup:
yea when my local club has dyno day i am going to try to go. i sometimes wot shift, not all the time. thanks for the comp.

·
Registered
335 Posts
gspeedaddict said:
doesnt the srts power band start to dramaticlly fall of at 5500-5600
It's not that it's making power there it's will it be making power in the next gear if you short shift. I haven't even run my car yet so I have no idea how the srt's powerband is but for most cars, you shift at redline.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well i have similar mods, STG 1, intake, 3in exh, 18psi falling, and slicks, 22 inchers...not good ones and i ran a [email protected] with a .038 light. I ran consistant in the 13.4's all night long. I am sure u get close to the same traction as i do, i have filled motor mounts but the track was so bad i couldn't launch above 3.5k anyway.

I think your car could go faster, my trap was pretty low because i was crossing at about 5.5k in 4th at the line......

Zack

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
boost leak test..... yes again and get a map clamp. I think S1 doesn't like to see boost over 17psi or maybe its 16.5? Anyway you have a map sensor issue and sounds like a boost leak also.
I was running 13.9's at 101 with a 2.2-3 60ft for my bests on street tires and I had a big TB boost leak (DAMN ZZAP!) and no clamp so the PCM seen too much boost and will dump extra fuel in and pull timing.
Just my .02, where you run at? I'm missing the opening of HPT tonight, damn wifes in the Wichita Hospital

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
i think there is definately room for quicker times out of your car. i am running stage 1, ais fmic, and b&b turbo back and i ran a 13.39 @ 104.6 last night. i thought that was pretty good for having the pcm control the boost.

but honestly it takes a lot of practice. my best time of the night was my 3rd consecutive time down the strip (16th overall time down the strip). slow opening night @ the track lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
With similar mods 3in dp,stg1,agp race i/c, agp mm's, mopar catback, with boost set to 17falling to 14 i ran a 13:[email protected] when i turned the boost up i lost 1mph

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tom6433 said:
i think there is definately room for quicker times out of your car. i am running stage 1, ais fmic, and b&b turbo back and i ran a 13.39 @ 104.6 last night. i thought that was pretty good for having the pcm control the boost.

but honestly it takes a lot of practice. my best time of the night was my 3rd consecutive time down the strip (16th overall time down the strip). slow opening night @ the track lol.
i have gotton plenty of practice , i have a stack of over 120 time slips. maybe i am losing it in my launch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts