Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hpracing.com The turbo on there with no fuel upgrades will it die???? I have read a bit and seems like it may work but not sure...

Ps. it will be on a 04 so bigger injectors. stock boost levels nothing else besides a intake on the car... :hat:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I haven't tried it, but I do think it is possible to run a big turbo on just the stock PCM. Judging from what I've read around here, it seems that the limit of the stock fuel system is about 300hp at the most. That means that you would just have to limit your boost to under that, which I think would probably be about 12 PSI or so. That is just my speculation on the matter though, so don't take it as fact. If you are going to do a big turbo upgrade, you should really do it right. There is no reason to go that way only to limit yourself to less than 300hp.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't see why it isn't possible. The turbo doesn't alter any electrical systems, it just provides a much colder (denser) intake charge yeilding more horsepower per psi, thus the requirement for increased fuel delivery. The problem in the stock ecu will not be the turbo per se, it will be the capability to adequately handle fuel delivery in all regions of the fuel map.

The one time I put a turbo upgrade on an SRT w/o an E-Manage though, the ECU did fail...although I believe it was just coincidence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.