Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leak testing my car yesterday S0 '04 because no matter what I do, I can't hold the psi's, I can set my TurboXS HPBC at 17, 18 or 19 psi but then falls to 14.5 to the redline, I have tried tightening the AGP WGA, playing with the TurboXS HPBC, and nothing so yesterday after checking the vacuum lines couldn't find any leaking, but then I got under the car and sprayed the turboXS HRFL BOV with soapy water and it leaks at 14-15 psi at the 'horn'(where the pssshht is heard), I don't know if it is normal that the BOV leaks from the 'horn' but at 14-15 psi It started to leak, I have 6 washers on it.
My question is if it's OK that it leaks like it does or does my BOV needs to be changed??

Ernie

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
unfortunatly i think the quality of there product has gone down hill. my rfl from turboxs which is pushing 2years old now. works like a champ. holds whatever boost i need with out leaking. but i think i am one of very few who are happy with there new bovs. all are in the same case as you the bov will leak after 15psi when it's rated with 6 washers up to 20psi. i'd say try to send it back and score something else. greddy,hks, forge or whatever you like. i'll be switching to turbosmart lines of bov's with my new bi turbo setup this spring. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.