1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a "never used IP alpha I" kit from Nysbadmk8. Here is the thread:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108872&highlight=gt3255

Here is what I got:

Is this really an IP kit? I just want to verify.

I also would like to know if IP kits come with the oil feed line and stock water block off plates, because what I got did not include them.

Also notice the turbo outlet is facing teh wrong way, it needs to point 90 deg counterclockwise so it will point downward towards the stock piping. Is this something that is easily done? can I just unbolt the compressor housing and rotate it?

Picture here:

Also if this really is an IP kit.... what the heck is this thing?

·
Banned
3,210 Posts
It might or might not be. Import Palace used to use the HP manifold, but have been using the ATP manifold for awhile. If its not a precision turbo, its not an IP kit. That last pipe looks like the hotside intercooler pipe. Oil lines should have been included. Not sure on the compressor housing

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a new gt3255E turbo

I was not aware IP used the HP manifold.. I know those haev been cracking alot. The oil return line is there but not the feed line.

And notice I got no O2 housing. Which I haev PM'd the seller about.

Honestly I am pretty disappointed and unless an O2 housing shows up I will feel like I got screwed.

Can you guys sell me the turbo feed line I need and the block off plates or whatnot for teh stock water lines?

·
Banned
3,210 Posts
give the shop a call in the morning

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
the turbo compressor housing can be easily rotated to the proper angle by loosening the bolts on the housing and then turning it to the proper angle....both the turbine housing and compressor housing can be removed w/out to much fuss..

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never called the shop because through PM he said he was going to have the feed line and o2 pipe shipped to me. But its started to go on 2 weeks and nothing.... geez these forums buy/sell section has gotten really bad...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts