Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Includes the main unit with harness in very good condition, it has one scratch but is hardly noticable. It was used on my car for aproximately 3000 miles. Also included is a cloned support tool and cable i ordered from a guy in malasia, will save you 130 dollars on a original support tool and works perfect guartenteed." price $250.00
Is it a good idea to save a little and buy this unit or is it better to buy new.

This is not my unit, this is one I am looking to buy.
My only mods are Mopar BOV, Hallman mbc, AGP wga, catch can that I paid way too much for, and a Mopar sts w/Booger bushings.

I am looking to buy this because eventually (probably not in the near future but one of these days) I want to put on a bigger turbo, forged internals, you know. I guess I should wait until I need it because by then something better will come out but I dont think that I really need any more than this can give me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've seen the description your talking about. It's a decent deal if you need the support tool. If you have the E-01 (any version), then you can buy an e-manage new for around $260.

As far as the support tool, there's ways of buying pirated software. I've aslo seen support tool auctions for much less than $130.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I wont buy this one if you can get a new one for for ten dollars more. I would buy one though without the E-01. I dont have a laptop and I would rather have the in car display with no laptop. Just seems easier this way.

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
the problem you will have is getting it to work with the SRT.

without the proper support/knowledge on which inputs to use your e-manage will not work and your car can either go boom or not work. And if you get it to work then during reflashes your car can go into limp mode.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my last post I said that I would buy an emange without the E-10. Sorry I meant that I wouldnt buy one without the E-01. I would perfer the profec e-01 also so I could have the electronic bc. I just dont want to have to buy a laptop just to run the thing and the in car display just seems easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts