Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
VIN = "Don't worry"? Ummmm yeah. I would stay far away from this thing.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Probably just some young kid who is trying to be funny about the Vin. Once you go see it I would write it down and check it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The seller is just tryna reel in the buyer before disclosing that info i guess.

I don't really see the rarity of them. Just different seats and suspension that 99% of the time gives the owner a hard time choosing wheels. I love these cars but id get a non acr regardless to avoid headaches.

That specific one has a lot of work. Just keep in mind that u can be potentially picking up someones headache. you dont know the hidden issues, miscellaneous parts or how well tuned the car is with those parts.. Just do the research

·
Registered
343 Posts
^^^Rare is a delicate word when it comes to the worth of a vehicle....

"Rare" can essentially bring in a little bit more money like a CE or solar yellow... But when the car has had many mods done to it, multiple owners, is in rough shape, and has drivetrain issues (gear grind)..... I personally could give a shit how rare it is (IMHO). At that point it becomes a candidate for a restoration and isn't worth more than $2,500 to $3,500. Now say if it is completely original with paperwork to back it up, a survivor, that's where the money comes in...... In this case, the only way to determine if the price is accurate would be to see it up close. Sight unseen, I'd say it is worth about $5,500. I bet it needs some work.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That specific one has a lot of work. Just keep in mind that u can be potentially picking up someones headache. you dont know the hidden issues, miscellaneous parts or how well tuned the car is with those parts.. Just do the research

:clap: ^^^This!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, I hear you guys. I know rare doesnt always mean big money, I just thought these were worth more. Now I see I really did get screwed so to the OP, take the advice and look it over really good. I traded a perfectly good running truck for mine. The new owner of my truck is driving around worry free, Im rebuilding the engine in mine. We did a straight trade, not knowing it needed a rebuild. I thought at least it was still a good investment thinking it would fetch 10K down the road. Mine is all stock, 132,XXX miles. Fully loaded 05, NO accidents, clean title, no rust. I think I make owner 6 or 7 though when I get it registered

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, I hear you guys. I know rare doesnt always mean big money, I just thought these were worth more. Now I see I really did get screwed so to the PO, take the advice and look it over really good. I traded a perfectly good running truck for mine. The new owner of my truck is driving around worry free, Im rebuilding the engine in mine. We did a straight trade, not knowing it needed a rebuild. I thought at least it was still a good investment thinking it would fetch 10K down the road. Mine is all stock, 132,XXX miles. Fully loaded 05, NO accidents, clean title, no rust. I think I make owner 6 or 7 though when I get it registered
I think it depends what kinda truck you traded it for. If it was an older truck with high miles, you probably made out pretty good. I traded a 2000 ES Neon for 2003 SRT-4 plus $800 outa my pocket. The '03 needed EVERYTHING, it was a money pit. The '00 was in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. Do I regret it? Hell no.... I loved that '03. It's not always about how much money you lose, its about how much fun you have with the car. Idk about you but I've had WAYYYYY more smiles per mile driving my SRT4 than any truck I've owned. :lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
It was an 02 Quad cab RAM, 169,XXX well maintained miles, all service/maintenance stuff was kept up with and documented. Id say his car KBB'd around 1000-1500 in the condition I received it in, mine at least 5500. I got screwed, no matter what. Hes off driving to and from work, and where ever he wants/needs to go. Ive been out of work for 2 months now waiting for parts and help. Miles? Its been dead since I picked it up lol I havent got to drive/enjoy it yet

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really appreciate all of the feedback, Thank you all! Living in Albuquerque it's extremely hard to find a stock srt we have a very large tuning community here especially for the size of the city and it could be a year or more before I found one that was truly stock and not just put back to stock. I think based on some of the responses I will wait until something a little bit more unmolested/less miles comes along. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It's funny how drastic of a change in car value there is based on location. Around here, even beat up, 150k+ mileage, salvage title SRT-4's are listed on Craigslist for $5,500+. I'll admit, they're not very common cars in this area and clean ones are even less common, but to have that dramatic of a change in value just based on a couple states of distance seems unreal to me. Using local logic, my car should be worth about $30,000 in my market :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can buy my built BW Stage 3 in a few months when I'm done with it, lol.
I've been reading through your thread the last couple of minutes and you definitely have my attention. Any idea what kind of price range you are looking at? You're in Tucson right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts