Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like it is to go where the air vents are now? RB1 stands for ?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One site says 4.1 inch screen and another said 4.9 inch screen.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Its the same one. The first link you showed is a picture of it installed in another chrysler vehicle, probably a van or cherokee. It will fit many models. RB1 is just the factory code, our stock player code is RBK. The difference in the screen size may be across vs. diagonal.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man I really like it. Right now I am using a Garmin GPS 5 it would be nice to have satellite radio. On direct TV my favorite station is ch806

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UAL_Kingpin said:
I have the RB1 in my car. It is plug and play. It takes like 30 minutes to install.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm#UPDATE
Thanks for the info. If I get it you will have to come over and tell me what to do while I install it. To play DVD's you have to have an outside dvd player?

·
Registered
792 Posts
The RB1 wont play DVD movies, the drive is a DVD-ROM which will only play the map disc and CD's. And you cant listen to a CD and navigate at the same time without a CD changer.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The rb1 is cool.. The install is so simple.... I was working on an install guide with pictures, but never quite finished....

Anyway... They go for about $900-1100 on ebay...

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
redSRT said:
The RB1 wont play DVD movies, the drive is a DVD-ROM which will only play the map disc and CD's. And you cant listen to a CD and navigate at the same time without a CD changer.
there is a company that sells some type of device that allows you to play movies on the rb1 unit

·
Registered
233 Posts
If the head unit is made by Alpine is the 6 disk changer as well?
I haven't looked at mine does it have a standard alpine DIN cable?

EDIT: never mind I found someone else's thread with pics of the changer and cable.
:(
Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
redSRT said:
And you cant listen to a CD and navigate at the same time without a CD changer.
You can't have sound coming through the speakers and navigate? Why not? And how can you change it to where you can?

·
Registered
382 Posts
jbmayes2000 said:
You can't have sound coming through the speakers and navigate? Why not? And how can you change it to where you can?
You can listen to the radio or cd changer while navigating, but not a cd because the one cd/dvd drive is being used by the navigation system disc.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NoisufnoC said:
can you use the changer that goes in that hole under the dash with the rb1? or do you need the changer that comes on the jeeps?

The six cd changer that they put in the neons will work with it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts