Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I've owned Both 2005 SRT-4 and 2006 SRT-PT :thumbsup: 5-speed. idk about the ecu's being "tamer", mine was just as fast as my buddy's srt-4 with the same mods(PT's weigh like 500 pounds more too). and the gearing is the exact same(no LSD Sucked), we checked every gear one night and they where all the exact same rpm's at the same speeds. Intercooler is a little smaller and the no boost gauge sucked, but thats a cheap fix. The intake manifold is really the only major differnce in the engine and actually makes more TQ then the srt-4 manifold;) on a plus side the pt's have way more options, Cruise, all 4 power windows, heated seats, avg MPG gauge, Better Fog light switch(No need to rewire). I always hated the way you sit in the pt though, feels so high! Srt-4 has much more comfortable seats IMO! Pt's also have a VERY restrictive muffler I guess so the old people don't have to listen to it lol! Brakes were the same size just red on the neon.
Curb Weight for SRT-4: 2970 lbs
Curb Weight for PT GT: 3304-3311 lbs

Gear ratios for SRT-4 (T850 transmission):
Gear Ratios
1: 3.647:1
2: 2.045:1
3: 1.367:1
4: 0.947:1
5: 0.756:1
Final drive: 3.526:1

Gear ratios for PT GT (Getrag 288S Transmission):
Gear Ratios
1: 3.92
2: 2.21
3: 1.46
4: 1.11
5: 0.88
Final Drive Ratio: 3.29

Should remember the Getrag 288S was originally designed for the PT CRD Turbo Diesel.

Not sure if you were looking at the pictures but the intercooler looks bigger then the SRT-4's. Bigger face.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I own 3.
2006 NA daily driver (wifes)

2004 Almond GT w/autostick (mostly a show car since it only has 25,000 miles (stock block/head/turbo with all bolt ons dynoed at 260whp)

And lastly my sleeper toy is a 2003 cranberry GT that has BW stage3 setup fully ported and anti surge mod, 3" cutout, return line 1025cc injectors, walbro pump, custom ground cams, mpx gears, custom stage2 bell intercooler, quaife LSD, spec 3 clutch and tuned by nigel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 04' has stage1 pcm and it did change the shift points in trans. My 03' i only have diablo tuner since you can get the same or better than stage1 with it and no gains for the manual anyway
Now that I have the DSP and stage 2 injectors already do you see the point of a stage 1 pcm for me. I don't think the shift points are worth the extra money I would have to spend. Just curious what your opinion is on that.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.