Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
jkgx777... nice GT!

I had an '05 PT GT for a short time. Aside from the hard-to-keep-clean (and swirly marks) black color... I really liked it. It was going to be a possible replacement for my SRT-4... but I just couldn't do it. Loved the upright, higher seating position and heated seats though.

Is there any difference between the PT Cruiser and the Neon other then the bodies?
Not positive about the regular PT vs Neon...

But the PT GT vs NSRT... Yes there were many differences.
Trannys are different. PT has an automatic option and even the 5-speed manual (no LSD) is a different model than the NSRT.
Intake manifold, airbox and underhood packaging were different due to the tighter and narrow engine compartment in the PT.
ECU programming was tamer than the NSRT. But they did also have a Mopar Stage 1 ECU... not sure of it's differences with the NSRT Stage 1.
I believe the intercooler was smaller on the PT.
Not sure about the brakes.
PT had single exit exhaust only.
No viper-style seats in the PT... but did have heated leather option.
No boost gauge on PT.
GT had nice 5 spoke chrome 17"(?) wheels

That's all I can remember.
Cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jkgx777... nice GT!

I had an '05 PT GT for a short time. Aside from the hard-to-keep-clean (and swirly marks) black color... I really liked it. It was going to be a possible replacement for my SRT-4... but I just couldn't do it. Loved the upright, higher seating position and heated seats though.

Trannys are different. PT has an automatic option and even the 5-speed manual (no LSD) is a different model than the NSRT.
Intake manifold, airbox and underhood packaging were different due to the tighter and narrow engine compartment in the PT.
ECU programming was tamer than the NSRT. But they did also have a Mopar Stage 1 ECU... not sure of it's differences with the NSRT Stage 1.
No boost gauge on PT.

Cheers!
thats all true the pt had bigger brakes and nicer sway bars
and mine has srt viper seats now and duel exhaust and everything a srt4 would have even an srt4 emblem on the back :pimping:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Thats all true the pt had bigger brakes and nicer sway bars
and mine has srt viper seats now and duel exhaust and everything a srt4 would have even an srt4 emblem on the back
I thought the brakes were the same size? They have the same calipers, just black instead of red so I am sure they are the same.

The PT GT's didn't even have a rear sway bar and the front sway bar looks smaller then a factory SRT-4 sway bar. Could be the same size though.

Also not sure why you put a SRT-4 badge on the back of your PT GT since it is not a SRT-4. :lol:

intercooler was same size....
Negative.
PT GT

Neon SRT-4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I thought the brakes were the same size? They have the same calipers, just black instead of red so I am sure they are the same.

The PT GT's didn't even have a rear sway bar and the front sway bar looks smaller then a factory SRT-4 sway bar. Could be the same size though.

Also not sure why you put a SRT-4 badge on the back of your PT GT since it is not a SRT-4. :lol:

Negative.
PT GT

Neon SRT-4
the 2001 came with a larger front than the srt 4 and rear sway bars however i do have a 2004 and i purchased a 2001 sway bar set from a buddy and im pretty sure the srt4 is just the engine because technically than you just have neon with the srt 4 performance package and the front brakes a little bigger matter a fact i actually used to have some oem srt 4 neon rims and i had to put spacers on so the brakes wouldn't rub

But in my personal opinion i like the neon srt 4s better because i think they look better and they have more stuff available i just kinda receved my car when my grandfather passed away so you got to work with what you got and i think ive done a pretty good job so far

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jkgx,
I think you have done an impeccable job with what you have. I dont have the money nor the know how to do half of the things you have done. Thats why i stick to electronics (mostly LED work) lol.
Thank you I really appreciate. And yea it takes a lot of money that's for sure but that's why I go to school and work 2 full times jobs it's my passion but honestly thank you it really means a lot. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
jkgx,
Do you have the MP Stage 1 for your GT? I'm curious how it stacks against the NSRT MP Stage 1.

What year is yours? I heard the plastic intake mani off the '05+ was better than the older aluminum ones... better against heat soak.

The black GT I had had the chrome package(?) on it. But I like yours with the black rims.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
the 2001 came with a larger front than the srt 4 and rear sway bars however i do have a 2004 and i purchased a 2001 sway bar set from a buddy and im pretty sure the srt4 is just the engine because technically than you just have neon with the srt 4 performance package and the front brakes a little bigger matter a fact i actually used to have some oem srt 4 neon rims and i had to put spacers on so the brakes wouldn't rub

But in my personal opinion i like the neon srt 4s better because i think they look better and they have more stuff available i just kinda receved my car when my grandfather passed away so you got to work with what you got and i think ive done a pretty good job so far
Well the 2001 is not a GT. GT did not come out until 2003. I was referring to the GT. Thats good to know that the 01's supposedly had a front beefier sway bar than the SRT-4. I know the 01/02's came with a rear sway bar.

No the brakes are the exact same minus the read caliper paint. The pads/rotors have the same part numbers. Uhhh can you explain this:

That is my PT GT and I got a really good deal on a set of stock SRT-4 wheels with winter tires. No spacers were needed to clear the brakes.

You don't technically have a "SRT-4" just because it shares the same motor. It will always be a PT Cruiser GT. That's like putting ST badge on a Ford Fusion with the Ecoboost 2.0 since it shares the same motor with the Focus ST. It's your car you can do what you like. But I am not a fan of putting badges on something that its not.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Does that mean I have to take the ferarri seats out of my pinto? Lmao
That's completely different. :rofl:
I am mainly talking about badging a car something that its not and being serious about it. There is a Ford Ranger with F-350 badges on it rolling around my area. I just laugh at it along with the Monster Energy drink stickers on it and lime green paint.

·
Registered
218 Posts

No boost gauge on PT.

Cheers!
I've owned Both 2005 SRT-4 and 2006 SRT-PT :thumbsup: 5-speed. idk about the ecu's being "tamer", mine was just as fast as my buddy's srt-4 with the same mods(PT's weigh like 500 pounds more too). and the gearing is the exact same(no LSD Sucked), we checked every gear one night and they where all the exact same rpm's at the same speeds. Intercooler is a little smaller and the no boost gauge sucked, but thats a cheap fix. The intake manifold is really the only major differnce in the engine and actually makes more TQ then the srt-4 manifold;) on a plus side the pt's have way more options, Cruise, all 4 power windows, heated seats, avg MPG gauge, Better Fog light switch(No need to rewire). I always hated the way you sit in the pt though, feels so high! Srt-4 has much more comfortable seats IMO! Pt's also have a VERY restrictive muffler I guess so the old people don't have to listen to it lol! Brakes were the same size just red on the neon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.