Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I attempted to install the ED direct fit IC today....problem was, i couldnt get to the passenger side IC hose clamp. So I took off pretty much everything and had to put it all back on.

anyone got any tips/tricks.....hell, I might have to take it somewhere and have to pay someone to put that damn thing on :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,000 Posts
only thing i could think of is put the coupler on the hotside first make sure you get that clamp on there nice and tight. Then push put the IC on, and put the hotside pipe onto the coupler and tighten it down. Good luck!

·
Banned
5,214 Posts
Where do you live? The hotside is a bit hard since the stock fmic hot side is and oval. Get some used oil or new which ever you have and dip your finger in it then put a little on the onside of the hose and some on the pipe. Also try to get the hot side hose as round as you can before you try to install the fmic.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was attempting to INSTALL the new IC, but couldnt get to the hose clamp with the tools I had....the IC hose clamp was facing downward and it was almost impossible to get to....maybe if I had a 2 foot extention & a swivel or 2 I might have been able to get access to the clamp...

im in rancho cucamonga btw. I work 8-5 M-F so my hours are limited to when I can do installs and such...

thanks for the offers and I'll take any of you up on them if I have the time. let me know when your doing that IC install....id be willing to drive to meet some helping hands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts