Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well would it be easy, i know a ramp and stock springs makes it easier. But i want to know if its hard at all.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Installed my Hotchkiss bars last weekend easily, took about 1.5-2 hours including an oil and filter change. All I used were the instructions that came with the item and they were not detailed. The ramps are a blessing for this installation. Once you get under there, you'll see how easy it will be. Just a matter of some wrenching around. Have fun!

·
Registered
907 Posts
bump....

is thier a how to anywhere? i dont get instructions lol

im sure its self explanitory but instructions are always nice

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ramps are good. But, you can also jack the rear end up enough to slide under it. Whatever you do, don't get the tires off the ground. You'll have a hell of a time getting the bars on and off if you do. It's a 20-30 minute job...

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
if you have no ramps.. jack up the car and rest the car back down on some concret blocks... this will put the weight back on the tires to help you with install.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Bump on the thread too...

I like to have some specific info on the install if I can. Its great if you're going to order the hotchkis and have the instruction but if you're going to replace the rear with the bigger 19mm bar and the front with the PT bar then we folks are out of luck for instruction. So does anyone have specific instuctions?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
It's really easy. It's only a matter of unbolting 4 bolts, removing the old sway bar and replacing it with the new one and putting the parts back the way you removed them. I know not everyone has mechanical skills, but bring a friend who has somewhat of a clue and you should have no problems. I would rate this as a 3 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the hardest to do. A 3 only because you have to have some knowledge of what a wrench is and not be afraid to just do it. It's super easy. 30-40 minute job even for a novice.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Wenzel are you talking about the rears or the fronts? I heard from everyone who did sways before said that rears are easy for most cars just the fronts are usally a bitch cuz you have stuff in the way. Is that the case here with the srt?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
maxpyr0 said:
Hey Wenzel are you talking about the rears or the fronts? I heard from everyone who did sways before said that rears are easy for most cars just the fronts are usally a bitch cuz you have stuff in the way. Is that the case here with the srt?
Sorry man, I was talking about the rears, but I haven;t even considered changing the fronts isnce all my play is in the rear. I just put on shorter end links with prothane bushings and it has tightened up the back nicely. Still going to order the pwerks rear strut bar brace though to make the rear not flex so much. If your car is lowered I recommend the shorter end links. Some people think they are BS, but they made a significant difference in my car.
I will check the front sway bar and see how difficult it is. I think it will be fairly simple though. Later...

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
front on the neon is super easy- no messing around with suspension or other drive parts - two bolts on each carrier the end links- vice grip on top to hold in place and the lower bolt- the rear has the same end links and the same mounting brackets but you'll have to atleast loosen the exhaust to get it out- just did mine- way easy on a lift took me 1 hour by my damn self!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts