Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen quite a few posts of ppl having al sorts of problems, and they havent changed their oil for the first time, is the car poorly made, or are they just hearing different sounds that they havent heard before.

I love the SRT and dont want to end up getting one and it spends more time in the shop than it does on the road.

Thanks
-G2k

·
Registered
158 Posts
GhStRdR2k said:
I have seen quite a few posts of ppl having al sorts of problems, and they havent changed their oil for the first time, is the car poorly made, or are they just hearing different sounds that they havent heard before.

I love the SRT and dont want to end up getting one and it spends more time in the shop than it does on the road.

Thanks
-G2k
Who's having all sorts of problems? Maybe people with aftermarket equipment but as far the SRT-4 goes its extremely reliable. This is a lot of peoples first turbo car, so there are a lot of new sounds to get use too....

·
Registered
796 Posts
it all depends on who you ask. some people have had 0 problems others have had a few. if you dont beat on it all the time, take good care of it, and install your mods the right way the first time, really theres no reason why any car from any manufacturer should have a problem right out of the box.

like the above stated. the cars are too new. when these things get some real miles on them, thats when we can start judging how relyable the are. just get the darn car!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive seen ppl whose axal's have broke, boost leaks, IC hoses coming off. Would I have to tighten the hoses every week or so...I know that oil gets in the airbox and IC and all that, how often do u have to clean these things. Every time you change the oil?? I'm new at turbo cars, so some things that they do are complete mysteries to me.

I just want to make sure that this car is gonna last for a while, I'm not gonna be doing any hardcore racing, just some basic mods for a little extra Hp but nothing super extreme.

-G2k

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Go on a Lexus, Infiniti, or Acura forum and you'll see people posting problems. Just because you see those posts doesn't mean the car as a whole is unreliable.

·
Registered
158 Posts
GhStRdR2k said:
Ive seen ppl whose axal's have broke, boost leaks, IC hoses coming off.

-G2k
People that are seeing axal's broke are running serious boost, much higher then stock. Boost leaks, what turbo cars don't see that. If you tighten the IC clamps when you first get the car and don't add any serious mods, you won't have a problem.

These cars are stout and will hold up under hard conditions....

·
Registered
912 Posts
Think of it this way. Why would people post if they don't have a problem? Its like "Hi guys, how are you? I have absolutely no problems with my car..." PPl don't post that, but if they have a problem and want an answer they will ask. That is why it seems like there are ALOT more problems than there really are.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Mine was a pile of shit

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
whatever happened with ya vanilla? and whats the current car?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
dymondboy2f said:
whatever happened with ya vanilla? and whats the current car?
Insurance took my side, paid off my loan and cut me a check for $2200. I'm currently looking for an 04 GTi.

As far as what happened to my car, DCX will not say one fucking word, my insurance co. is going after them.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
if you want reliable stray away from the GTI, I know two people with them and they always have stupid electrical problems.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
You'll have problems with every car, but with this one, you'll have more problems that are your own fault than anything else. Drivetrain aside, There isn't a thing that has gone wrong with my car, the seats don't break, door handle cables don't snap, it's when you mod that things happen.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
dangerously_cool said:
You'll have problems with every car, but with this one, you'll have more problems that are your own fault than anything else. Drivetrain aside, There isn't a thing that has gone wrong with my car, the seats don't break, door handle cables don't snap, it's when you mod that things happen.
Mine only had a turbo timer when the shit hit the fan, and the sad thing is I would rather deal with VWoA then DCX.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
bah, get a GLI thats the only VW that I think is pimp.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
dymondboy2f said:
bah, get a GLI thats the only VW that I think is pimp.
I'm not paying an extra $4k for shitty Recaro's, TT brakes, a 6 speed tranny that grinds more than Paris Hilton, and a set of BBS's that peel more than an orange :D

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
who cares, park it while freshly waxed, the panties will come off enough for fun.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Vanilla_Coke said:
Mine only had a turbo timer when the shit hit the fan, and the sad thing is I would rather deal with VWoA then DCX.
The most I deal with is my dealer, but they've got new people working there, just moved, and they keep giving me the cold shoulder. My wing is broken, and I was supposed to get a new one 2 or 3 months ago, they never called back. The guy at the dealer mentioned my warranty being near up (apparently the cosmetics fall under a 30k warranty?), and if so, the bastard is waiting for it to expire, since they neither called when the wing came in, nor return my calls.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
having ur wing broken is gods way of saying how bad it looks. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts