Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanting some info on anyone that has the mopar exhaust. i was gonna buy stage 2 but dont wanna spend that much $$ right now, so i might settle on the mopar exhaust. i wanna get it from the moparsupercenter sale and it ends thurs. any info on the gains, and the chance of sound from stock. i know the B&B and others are better but i dont wanna shell out that much for it. $$ is kinda tight.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
twztdsrt said:
just wanting some info on anyone that has the mopar exhaust. i was gonna buy stage 2 but dont wanna spend that much $$ right now, so i might settle on the mopar exhaust. i wanna get it from the moparsupercenter sale and it ends thurs. any info on the gains, and the chance of sound from stock. i know the B&B and others are better but i dont wanna shell out that much for it. $$ is kinda tight.
the sound is really really great and the fit and finish was amazing. Borla makes such a nice exhuast. Gains with either stage one or two would be measurable at approximately 8-10 HP (mostly up top).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it sound louder than stock, are their more pops and cracks when u gear down? and i was wondering if i would really get any gains w/out any stages just stock for now. i just dont wanna spend the $$ if its not gonna give any gain since im stock

·
Registered
166 Posts
A lot of the big HP guys (and gals as I bow deeply to the HepKitty) around here say the Mopar exhaust is good up to about 350HP. And they're hard to beat for price and quality.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Loud?

I think the mopar borla exhaust is more quite than stock and makes less burbles/cracks...at least on my car. Maybe not if I had a stage kit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if its more quiet, then i might not want that. if im gonna spend $$ on new exhaust i want to be able to tell sound is louder than factory. i would hate to take away all pops and cracks. its 2 much fun. anyone else think its quieter?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Rent Stage 1 first, THEN get the exhaust. I say rent becuase you can sell your Stage 1 when done with it for around $200.

·
Banned
176 Posts
OK, so I just purchased an intake. I was going to get F/R strut towers from Performance Autowerks (DC front, Pwerks rear). Should I just put that money and get the borla instead?

HELP :)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
i just got the exhaust and man i love it, the pops are still there but louder! and u can really here it when u get on it. I was too thinking about getting the MPX but the bolar is much cheaper, i love it! If u get it hope u like it too

·
Registered
8 Posts
after the 2nd stage and the borla exhaust, what would be the hp total. by the way whats the most somebody had to wait for the 2nd stage cause its over five weeks and mines its not here yet, i feel like :ninja: :stab: somebody.....

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
just installed my mopar/borla catback today, i must say WOW!! :thumbsup: i installed the iceman cai & tb last weekend and got a noticeable gain but now that i have the catback, it all complemented each other. i can really feel a nice gain now, oh yeah!! :thumbsup: can't wait to add a d/p and o2.. btw, sounds so awesome too :) i'm diggin it!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I installed mine on Friday and the sound is awsome. It is a deeper tone and the pops are way louder. When I drive through a parking lot at low RPMs everybody looks. I even got a look from a 911 driver on the freeway yesterday! I think it is totally worth the money.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
a DP with no cat will get you some serious cops i mean pops and cracks with stage 0. a 3" into a mopar out the back sounds pretty good. a side exit like mine sounds like a car that shouldnt be on the street hehe.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
starkie said:
Seriously? I already have the MoPar exhaust. Are you certain my SRT-4 will gain another 7-10 just by adding your 3" downpipe with highflow cat? If I buy your 3" downpipe and highflow cat from you and my srt-4 doesn't show any gain in HP, will I be able to return it for a full refund? Thanks!
Nice try....................:lol:

You know as well as I do every car is different, and not all cars have the same mods, not all cars are driven the same, different dyno's read differently, yada, yada, yada.

Also different cars show gains in differnt ways. I've seen cars post small peak gains, but from 4800 rpm and up you could see almost 20 hp more, and the car didn't fall on it's face.

On Dales Seely's One Lap car, we saw 24 hp gain over the stock exhaust by installing a 3 inch O2 housing, 3 inch dp (no cat) and Mopar cat back (bottle neck removed). This was running stock boost, with a Rage intake as the only other mod. This is the exact set he ran for One Lap. Personally, I think his car is a bit of a freak.

On the same hand, we saw a 12 hp gain over stock exhaust on a S1 car with a 3 inch exhaust with hi-flow cat. This was running stock boost with no other mods on the car. This to me is more typical. Without the cat I think the gains would have been 15 hp.

Also saw the SCC car make the same hp with the stock dp as with the MAXX Fab unit, but they failed to mention in the artical it did so at a lower psi. Not to mention we installed the dp, rolled it 20 feet, than ran the crap out of iton the dyno to the point long term knock protection came into the picture. Not exactly the best way to "teach" the pcm.

So you can see it's tough to "garentee" what the gains will actually be.

I do garentee the quality of my parts. If they break, I'll replace/repair the part for the life of the part.

·
Registered
193 Posts
GETNPSI said:
a DP with no cat will get you some serious cops i mean pops and cracks with stage 0. a 3" into a mopar out the back sounds pretty good. a side exit like mine sounds like a car that shouldnt be on the street hehe.
How's the power from your side exit exhaust?Does it shoot flames like on some other ones?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.