Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done my research and I'm still confused.

I'm looking at getting a BOV and I still havent been able to choose which one is right for me. I'm looking at either the Greddy or the Mopar. I hear good and bad things about the Mopar but noone ever says why it's bad. It seems like it should do the job, I dont understand why people say it's just a noise maker. It vents into the atmosphere, right? I'm just curious if I should be looking at the Moapr BOV or not. Corect me if any of my info is wrong and if you think the Moapr really is crap....please explain to me why.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
If you want to do a different vacuum setup, you can prevent the Mopar bov from venting under vacuum.

I run my MBC, and my fuel regulator off of the blue line. The only solenoid I use is the middle one that controls the bov. I have the green line hooked to it.

My bov will not go off unless it's under boost or I give it half throttle or more. If you are just cruising around casually, it keeps quiet.

Steve B.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments. Would you recommend me getting one or saving the money and getting another BOV.

Exhaust Depot said:
The mopar is not a real bov, its only a sound maker. If you only want to make sound then get one.
But Why? Why is it only a noise maker? I know it's just a "spacer" but doesnt it do the same thing any other BOV does?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
No, ohter bov have a big hole in it which let larger amounts of air out to make up for the larger amount of air your pumping when you raise your boost.

The mopar vents whe you go in reverse entering a parking spot. Valve should never vent when in the vacuum range. Its even worst when you have s0 with MP valve. Vents longer.

If you search the forums, you will notice alot of guys who have taken them off because they got tired of it venting all the time etc. I think here in FL they had an UNinstall day. :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I like the way mine sounds. When I bought it, I couldn't justify paying $200+ for a different one.

Now that I am considering a turbo upgrade I'll have to buy a different one anyway. Might be something to think about if you plan on any big upgrades in the future.

Steve B.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Yah it sucks!

hehe.
Honestly if your gonna run alot of boost and dont want leaks and alot of noise when not in boost...dont get the Mopar. Having a real BOV that doesnt go off until your in boost is alot better.

·
Registered
271 Posts
the way I look at it is this- if you plan on doing mopar stage upgrades, the mopar bov is fine (and is in fact designed to work with it). If you are going a different route (like perhaps an AGP WGA), things will work best with a non plate style bov (I don't buy this Mopar BOV not being a real BOV garbage). Also keep in mind- the mopar BOV works in the exact same fashion as the stock diverter valve, if the engineers designing it thought that the bypass shouldn't open in a vacuum state, they would have put a stronger spring in it (and after all, aren't they the most concerned with warrantied cars?)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.