Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what is everyone's opinion on the K&N CAI. Anyone have it and have any opinions of it, or does anyone just know anything about it? Let me know!

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Nd4Spd said:
Hey what is everyone's opinion on the K&N CAI. Anyone have it and have any opinions of it, or does anyone just know anything about it? Let me know!
Love mine. Made everything louder, turbo and stock relief valve. Noticed easier gas peddle as well. Not sure of performance gain although they advertise it.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
I have a AEM and I really enjoy the sounds, but am having issues...During WOT, when it's at peak boost, the boost gauges is erratic, goes back and forth one psi roughly ten times a second...I originally thought it was surge, but now I think it's either fuel cut or the engine pulling timing...To my understanding, about 40% of SRTs have this problem with any intake...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the K&N CAI and I think it's great..... Very loud turbine sound when under boost, Sounds awesome!!

BIG ITEM OF NOTE!!!!
If you have in in CAI form.... (long pipe into the fender) you will suck up water if you go through a puddle..... this will probably DESTROY YOUR ENGINE!!!! If it is drizzling/raining/slightly cloudy. MAKE IT SHORT RAM!

Also I seem to get better performance when it's in short ram but I haven't tested it out fully yet...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys i appreciate all the awesome replies. i think i am going to go with the K&N since i havent heard anything bad about it yet. Anyone have a strut bar installed with it? I am assuming it fits. Also, anyone have any pictures of their intake?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AdvanSRT-4 said:
I have the DC sport STB, it fits fine.
awesome man, thanks for the info. appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts