Registered
1,504 Posts
unless you are in alaska .. id say you have a problem :shock:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike B. said:
If it doesn't go above 140 even after extended driving it could be a couple of things:
1) Stat is stuck open
2) There is no stat
Stat? Sorry, but what is that? ThermoSTAT?

This behavior is very similar to the way my previous Neon was when the thermostat was broken. On my 2k Neon, I gain so much power when the thermostat was broken. In my SRT-4, I "think" I lost power...or maybe I don't feel any difference.

Do you think that this sound like the same situation?

By the way, the needle did go to around 200 and while I was staring at it, it dropped to below 140 and stayed there since. This was about 500+ miles ago.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
SilverBullet said:
By the way, the needle did go to around 200 and while I was staring at it, it dropped to below 140 and stayed there since. This was about 500+ miles ago.
I think I figured it out for you. All you need to do is TURN THE CAR ON! :lol: J/K

BTW, nice Sig!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, "stat" is the thermostat. I suppose it could be wiring too, but I *think* if a wire was open it would peg to the hot side, not cold.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it to my friend (he replaced the broken thermostat on my previous Neon) yesterday and he said it maybe a bad temp sensor more than a broken thermostat.

I'm bringing her in for her check up on Monday and my local ***** dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
SilverBullet
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing