Dodge SRT Forum banner

Is my boost always going to do this??

1K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  squeek360 
#1 ·
Now forgive me for posting such questions, but I am trying to learn were the sweet spots are on this freakin car. If I am in 2nd and under 3000rpm, it will boost to 14psi fall to 11-13psi. Now if I am over 3k, it will only go to 8psi and hold. How do you compromise with it so you can get the boost and still be in your rpm band? I feels like it takes forever to get through 2nd @ higher psi. Whats the deal?

#5 ·
blab10 said:
If you are only boosting to 8 psi you must have a VERY big boost leak.
or has a stock 03.....
ok this is the deal.... if you dont have mopar s1 or s2 yet, buy one....
now to get the best boost in second is to leave it in 3rd.... gun it and then wot to second~! if dont correctly you will get the wheels to spin and you will get craazy power!
Also if you dont have and stage kits... and dont want one~~ but want more boost, get a boost controller or a wastegate, but be carful, if its an 03 you cant go more then 17 psi without the injectors goin lean on you... if its an 04, you can boost to 18-19 easily

#7 ·
When you go WOT does it boost normal? like maybe 12 in 2nd and 14 in 3rd and 4th? If you are going at 3 grand won't it only go to 8 psi because it hasn't had as much time to build boost higher? What I mean is if you take off at 2 grand then you have 4 grand of revs to build your boost up...if you take off at 3 grand then you only have 3 grand of revs to build boost up in. I have stage 2 and I see my best boost under WOT...if I go from 2k/3k my boost doesn't get to where it shoud be...only like 15 in 3rd and 4th....18 under WOT. Don't know if any of that helps but the only thing I would think that would be leaking is the mopar BOV.

#8 ·
3rd & 4th arent the problem they both see 13-15 psi. I get better boost in 2nd if i start down low in the rpm(under 3k). If I am over 3k rpm in 2nd it will only hold 8psi till redline. Also, if the bov was leaking it wouldn't hold boost in the other gears?

#16 ·
superstrongbeast said:
or has a stock 03.....
ok this is the deal.... if you dont have mopar s1 or s2 yet, buy one....
now to get the best boost in second is to leave it in 3rd.... gun it and then wot to second~! if dont correctly you will get the wheels to spin and you will get craazy power!
Also if you dont have and stage kits... and dont want one~~ but want more boost, get a boost controller or a wastegate, but be carful, if its an 03 you cant go more then 17 psi without the injectors goin lean on you... if its an 04, you can boost to 18-19 easily
What i dont understand.. is i see these post every where... yet when i ask how much you can push with a S1.. it is the same... 17,18 psi...

So really what is the gain in the S1 kits...? i know it has WOT shifting.. but that really doesnt matter

#19 ·
IF you have an03 they cut boost at high revs becausde of the injectors

#20 ·
damn people, read fully what he wrote. The boost is only lower if he starts out from higher revs, not all the time. My guess is that you just don't have time to build up the higher boost in 2nd gear or it isn't seeing enough of a load initially and not building up to 13psi. I'll try it out a little on the way home and see if I get the same results.

#22 ·
I tried this out today and it seems my car does the same,except mine holds at around 10 PSI. It seems once you have speed built up in second, than gun it it does not seem to use as much boost, but as soon as I put it in third while still giving it hell it jumps back up to the 14-15 PSI mark. This seems pretty nromal to me. My car is only a month old and has 2000 km's on it. I would not worry about it , my car was going like a bat out of hell at 10 PSI in second.

#24 ·
interesting , I'm going to have to see what mine does in that situation , so looking for a sweet spot and a way of boosting higher if your in second gear at a higher rpm , 3k as opposed to 2 , hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm try lurching a bit (on / off the throttle a few times), see if it affects the boost levels at all?. I've never paid attention , but a few times I've been on the street and some one would fly up and do a lurching rev at me to insite a race , I'd drop down to 2nd and do a few lurches back and it seemed <<-- key word "seemed" as though after a lurch or 2 the car felt stronger but truely , I wasn't paying the slightest attention to the gauge to know if the boost "built up" so I can't say for sure , perhaps the difference I felt was due to "adrenaline" levels :jester:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.