Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now forgive me for posting such questions, but I am trying to learn were the sweet spots are on this freakin car. If I am in 2nd and under 3000rpm, it will boost to 14psi fall to 11-13psi. Now if I am over 3k, it will only go to 8psi and hold. How do you compromise with it so you can get the boost and still be in your rpm band? I feels like it takes forever to get through 2nd @ higher psi. Whats the deal?

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3rd & 4th arent the problem they both see 13-15 psi. I get better boost in 2nd if i start down low in the rpm(under 3k). If I am over 3k rpm in 2nd it will only hold 8psi till redline. Also, if the bov was leaking it wouldn't hold boost in the other gears?

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tightened all clamps and reset the battery friday. I am pretty for sure that the bov is tight. That was pretty easy with an offset wratchet wrench. But, I have not pressure tested the system. It has always done this though.

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just to clearify, I dont want to know how much boost I can run. I just dont understand why it is not boosting when I am in higher rpm and in 2nd gear. I am just trying to get use to the car and where I need to be when(rpm) I race.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.