Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just installed my Greddy BOV last night. How in the world can i lower the car however with it installed??? Has anyone done it? It is low already to the ground and if i lower the car then guaranteed it will scrape every little bump i hit!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
theres probably anywhere between 500-1000 srts with the greddy bov and lowered srt

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
520 Posts
wow u cant, u have to install it on the coldside to not make it scrap howd u get the bov to fit on that pipe what hardpipes u have?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eatmydust said:
wow u cant, u have to install it on the coldside to not make it scrap howd u get the bov to fit on that pipe what hardpipes u have?
i dont have the hardpipes, i just cut the soft stock pipe. if i put it on the other side it wouldnt scrape??

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Well, with the way you have it configured, you can't go any lower! I am lowered and have the GReddy BOV. The key is to get the ED hard pipe kite!!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
drizze99 said:
Well, with the way you have it configured, you can't go any lower! I am lowered and have the GReddy BOV. The key is to get the ED hard pipe kite!!
where did you buy it from? online?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so you dont think there is any way to lower the car with the BOV just on the stock soft pipe cut out? you think i will have to get the HP kit??

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Go to www.exhaustdepot.com and get a set of hard pipes.

I had my RFL BOV on the hot side. The kit came with an adapter and I cut into the factory hot side pipe to put it in. I was able to fit that BOV on top of the pipe so when you looked underneath the car, you couldn't tell it was there. I'm not sure if the GReddy will fit up top.

I am glad I got rid of that set-up and got the ED HP kit and the GReddy BOV.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have you tried loosening the clamps and twisting the piping that the BOV mounts to up towards your engine. For some reason i highly doubt that the BOV should sit that low no matter what setup your using. There should be clearance under there for the TXS RFL because the TXS kit mounts in the same location and the TXS RFL is longer than the greddy...try twisting the whole thing up towards the engine bay, away from the ground!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lsdSRT4 said:
Have you tried loosening the clamps and twisting the piping that the BOV mounts to up towards your engine. For some reason i highly doubt that the BOV should sit that low no matter what setup your using. There should be clearance under there for the TXS RFL because the TXS kit mounts in the same location and the TXS RFL is longer than the greddy...try twisting the whole thing up towards the engine bay, away from the ground!
i am going to play with it tomorrow, but unless anything changed the past day it isnt going to fit up there lol. ill let u know what i figure out.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
why didnt u just mount it on the cold side.
don't know really... why does it fit up there on that side??

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fine then, just make me feel bad about myself!! JK i am going to go look at it now and play around.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright i got another question... if i just buy the ATP hardpipe rather than the ED pipes, what side is the ATP pipe for (cold or hot)? Will my Greddy S fit better with the ATP (will i be able to lower the car with the ATP Pipe and Greddy S or do i need the ED pipes). Thanks alot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts