Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if I must retain my cat and resonator? I am looking at getting a MAXXFAB SEE but I have to retain the cat/res. After reading the horror :stab: stories bout the O2 housing, I am wondering if the hp losses due to retaining cat/res make any gains from the larger housing negligible.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
if 7-12+hp (depending on boost level) at the wheels is worth it, then yes.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
4,574 Posts
DO IT!!! I have the MaxxFabb SEE with cat and res w/ the O2 and LOVE IT!!! Well worht the time and hassle! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Lets make it a little easier. Are you planning on upgrading to a bigger turbo in the near future? If so, i wouldnt go to the trouble. If not in the near future then its a good mod to assist in helping max out the stock turbo, gaining a few more hp and lowering EGT's.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Racin-Jason said:
if 7-12+hp (depending on boost level) at the wheels is worth it, then yes.
7 to 12 hp on the stock turbo???

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
bump ...

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
NO.

i had it done and it fucked up some bolts, it was installed wrong, and i didnt feel shit for gains, even after it was adjusted later on... tighten, re-tighten-

dont do it man, stage 3, yes- but not on the stocker

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
petar7408 said:
NO.

i had it done and it fucked up some bolts, it was installed wrong, and i didnt feel shit for gains, even after it was adjusted later on... tighten, re-tighten-

dont do it man, stage 3, yes- but not on the stocker

How do you install it wrong did it aim forward or something???? If you plan on going big turbo dont do it. If you plan on keeping your stock turbo do it. There are some people that will do ANYTHING for 7-11whp and some people that wont. I did it took about 7 hours of crawling under a car with no air tools. Air tools and a lift maybe 4ish. Hardest part is the lower heat shield "mine is in the woods after i threw it" that took like over 3 hours alone. You are talking more exhaust flow. I have a pic at home i am at work right now but side by side you would see the differance. stock is BARELY 2 1/4 inches.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have it the complete maxxfab exhaust and I feel a difference a good difference

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
If you get it through Maxxfab, he gives you great directions on how to effectively install the 3" O2 housing. It isn't as bad as these guys say it is, and you dont need to remove the lower heat shield. I did my install with the lower heat shield in tact and all i had to do was 2 minor cuts with tin snips to peel it back so i could get to that hidden bolt. Once it was installed i just bent the shield back and vuala! back to the way it was!

·
Registered
434 Posts
i got a little discouraged after all the horror stories and sold it....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts