Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just for a day or two since my agp hardpipe that i had overnighted never showed up:stab: :ninja: I guess i should have ordered from someone else:crying: well anyways if i stay out of boost for a day or two til it shows up will i be ok???

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
If you don't boost then you never need a blow off valve. Do you not know exactly what it does? Yet your doing a big turbo.

Maybe you should get the fundementals down before you step up to big boy toys.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
well if you have your stock surge valve whtas the big deal
it works the same way and does the same thing just doesnt make noise

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
tinctorus said:
well if you have your stock surge valve whtas the big deal
it works the same way and does the same thing just doesnt make noise
The factory surge valve is integral with the compressor housing on the turbo. So if he were to upgrade his turbocharger, the stock surge valve will be gone.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
nice n simple u'll be ok till u get ur pipes in...

·
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to the a-hole above yes i understand what it does... and thats what i thought just wanted to hear it from some others...:clap:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
If it were me I'd just avoid driving it for a day or two (borrow the lady friends purple neon ha ha ). Just because its pretty DANG hard to avoid boosting part throttle, even big turbo, when driving around in traffic and such. But I'm sure it will be fine if your careful

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
srt4me18 said:
to the a-hole above yes i understand what it does... and thats what i thought just wanted to hear it from some others...:clap:
I'm just telling you man, all a blow off valve does is either vents to air or is recirculating. It prevents your boost pressure from back tracking it's way to the turbo and causing compressor surge. No boost = no blow off valve needed.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Or you can just leave the sensors out of your stock cold side pipe, and you will have a boost leak and be just fine.

I did this for a few days when i had to order my pipe and bov got into boost and it felt like a slug, lol..

·
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx for the responses guys minus the a-hole in the beg.

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
srt4me18 said:
thanx for the responses guys minus the a-hole in the beg.
Dude just take what I said as a advice. Your going big turbo and most likely making over 400hp; yet you weren't fully sure about how a blow off valve works. I'm only saying be careful you might be biting off more then you can chew.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts