Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have 20,000 miles on my srt and the car feels like it is running perfect. The boost gauge only registers 10 psi vacuum when at idle but when i first got the car it was about 15 to 20. Is it normal for the vacuum to decrease as the car gets older or do I have a leak? I checked under the hood and everything looked tight. and like I said the car runs strong. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
it should be between 20 and 18 all the time , try checking the little 90 degree vaccume boots , one by the air box and the other by the turbo back by the brake lines , both of mine were ripped and cracked , replace with better 90 degree spark plug boots , and that should solve your problem.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. My upp popped off for the first time the other night and I put everything back on nice an tight by the intercooler, and the vacuum boots look ok too. The boost gauge works fine as well. Man this sucks. I'm getting illuminas installed wedsday, and i'll check again from underneath the car while it's on the lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.