·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
389 Posts
04TurboSRT said:
i posted this on the cali forum, but i just want to get more opinions before i pull the tranny for nothing. http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236176

what do u guys think the problem is? thanks...
HMM, I just read your thread. I am going to get an export opinion from my main techs today to see what they think is going on there then I will get back to you asap.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Alright, I don't know if you have got it to the shop yet and looked at the clutch, but one of the techs told me that chances are one of the straps may have broke on the pressure plate. This is usually the case when you suddenly can not change gears.

Anyways, what ever the verdict is, you should give Luis a call at our main shop at (909) 877-6800 and arange to get the clutch shipped in for warranty.

Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks,

·
Banned
8,964 Posts
cm, i have a resent problem. mine is sometimes 3rd is real scracy and down shifting to second is hard to get into sometimes. i have not taken the car to the track since the install of the clutch (5k highway miles). i just commute and i work fulltime swing shift so the clutch has been babied. do you think i should change my tranny fluid again because the last change was at 18k and now im near 30k?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clutchmasters said:
Alright, I don't know if you have got it to the shop yet and looked at the clutch, but one of the techs told me that chances are one of the straps may have broke on the pressure plate. This is usually the case when you suddenly can not change gears.

Anyways, what ever the verdict is, you should give Luis a call at our main shop at (909) 877-6800 and arange to get the clutch shipped in for warranty.

Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks,
adam @ st motorsports & loni already took care of it... thanks for your great & speedy customer service :thumbsup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
reed32 said:
cm, i have a resent problem. mine is sometimes 3rd is real scracy and down shifting to second is hard to get into sometimes. i have not taken the car to the track since the install of the clutch (5k highway miles). i just commute and i work fulltime swing shift so the clutch has been babied. do you think i should change my tranny fluid again because the last change was at 18k and now im near 30k?
I would check all of your clutch lines and cylinders for any leaks first, maybe try bleeding the system again also. It couldn't hurt to change the trans fluid again too.

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
I am going to be calling in about my stage 4 6 puck. My car shakes at idle...violently shakes whenever I hit the gas sitting still in neutral or while in gear. Yesterday we seperated the clutch and poof no vibration at all so I have something wrong with mine as well...maybe same thing as you? After work I will be taking the clutch out to try and see if I can see anything wrong with it before the call is made. I havent had the clutch on the car long...maybe 3k? Well any advice CM on what to look for when pulling it off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts