Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a accurate 30psi boost gauge and considering full sweep ,but is it worth the $$?

·
Registered
347 Posts
It was worth it to me if only because the stock gauge is defective and rather than install a new one every year I would rather pay more for one that will last without the pointer drifting. As for accuracy electrical gauges aren't any more accurate than the bourdon tube models, they are just more repeatable as there is no linkage that drifts over time & use. Alot of industrial pressure gauges have a zero adjustment screw so you can re-zero the gauge. Well these cheap $5 Autometer's don't have this feature which is why so many people complain that their gauge rests at 2 psi or vacuum with the engine off. At least the full sweep electrical gauges re-zero themselves everytime they are powered up.

·
Registered
302 Posts
heavyD said:
It was worth it to me if only because the stock gauge is defective and rather than install a new one every year I would rather pay more for one that will last without the pointer drifting. As for accuracy electrical gauges aren't any more accurate than the bourdon tube models, they are just more repeatable as there is no linkage that drifts over time & use. Alot of industrial pressure gauges have a zero adjustment screw so you can re-zero the gauge. Well these cheap $5 Autometer's don't have this feature which is why so many people complain that their gauge rests at 2 psi or vacuum with the engine off. At least the full sweep electrical gauges re-zero themselves everytime they are powered up.
I bought an Apexi avcr- and it doesnt get anymore accurate than the sweep lcd on that bad boy.,

·
Registered
347 Posts
smokedu2 said:
I bought an Apexi avcr- and it doesnt get anymore accurate than the sweep lcd on that bad boy.,
Apexi uses a similar pressure transducer that Greddy, Autometer and alot of others use. They aren't as acurate as a good mechanical gauge but they are close enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts