Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I did this logjam's place didn't have a PAC AUX POD connector , so the way I did my installation was the old fashion way , innovation.

I have no pictures yet but hopefully someone can give it a quick read and see if something makes no sense so I can fix it.. I wrote this up in about 10 mins

http://www.hybridsrt.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&threadid=62

:D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
hmm thats pretty slick.

One could keep the stock deck as a detourant to thieves and still have a bumpin system...nice

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Racin-Jason said:
hmm thats pretty slick.

One could keep the stock deck as a detourant to thieves and still have a bumpin system...nice
Yep.. I just gotta figure out how to access the equalizer out of our stock radio.. the guys over kicker showed me the functions our stock radio has and it is amazing :)

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smoger said:
thats the same spot i have my dell dj set up.. im running an aftermarket deck though so it made things much easier having an rca input
I don't really want to change my headunit, from what I've seen this headunit is pretty good with the combination speakers we have, the only prob is we don't have access to the equalizer tools , which this radio has and from what i saw its pretty impressive of what you can do with this radio.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Somebody definitely needs to learn how to access those functions.
I have my stock deck converted to RCA's and into a 5 channel amp which powers the kicker speakers and I swapped the Kicker sub for a JL 10W3v2 D4. It rocks, just want to make some small adjustments yet.

:)
Mike

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yep.. I just gotta figure out how to access the equalizer out of our stock radio..
you can't, unless you pay $2500 for a J1850 gateway and convince SVDO to give you their EQ software.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
All I know its a utility which they access out of our OBD2 , I am not sure if thats what your trying to tell us since I am not a radio guy at all
First you need a "gateway" box, which will translate from the RS-232 serial port on a PC to the Chrysler J1850 data bus through the diagnostic connector. Then you need the software app from the radio manufacturer or DCX to actually change the EQ settings. And even then, the EQ isn't permanently stored. Lose battery power and it'll go back to the default EQ.

long story short, it's impossible to do w/o the proper equipment.

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jim Z said:
First you need a "gateway" box, which will translate from the RS-232 serial port on a PC to the Chrysler J1850 data bus through the diagnostic connector. Then you need the software app from the radio manufacturer or DCX to actually change the EQ settings. And even then, the EQ isn't permanently stored. Lose battery power and it'll go back to the default EQ.

long story short, it's impossible to do w/o the proper equipment.
Ah thanks I learn something new every day :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.