Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my guage sometimes works, sometimes doesnt..

i.e. when i turn my car on, it turns on sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt (until the next key cycle)

if i jiggle the wire (at OBD port) it will usually come on for the next cycle..

all connections are solid (i.e. they will not pull out if pulled on (pull on the cord at obd port and at guage))

please advise.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would say wiggle the wires to make sure they are making good contact; do this at both ends including removing and plugging the gauge link into the OBD2 connecor of your car. If that does not do it email the store so we can get your address etc and we will get new product sent to you.

The store address is
http://www.race-tech-designs.com/,
or call on our toll free number. you will get a faster reply by phone and we do check it on weekends: 1-866-358-5290

Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a couple wiggles fixed her up...

i should mention, however, the OBDport connection got very hot (temperature) when the guage wasnt working.....

also.. i noticed that there are 3 female ports on the rear of the gauge...

only 2 accepted the cable from the OBD port... and only 1 port (out of those 2)works when connected...

all FYI... she's workin fine..

i'll be making another purchase as soon as you guys roll out some more guage options....

P.S. all my DSM buddies are in love with the guage... they want the ease of install and visibility of the items on the IAT/Knock/Timing like the guage i bought...

please advise if you are ever going to create a guage for them... (i.e. chrrylser/mitsu/plymounth, eclipse/talon/laser... 1st gen and 2nd gen cars only)

cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad you got it going. If any problems appear contact us and we will take care of it.

Most of our stuff works on GM cars. We are currently developing new products using the SRT as a test bed. Once done we will expand to other models and makes.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
gary salvail said:
Glad you got it going. If any problems appear contact us and we will take care of it.

Most of our stuff works on GM cars. We are currently developing new products using the SRT as a test bed. Once done we will expand to other models and makes.
After talking to Bob a couple weeks ago, I'm getting all antsy for the new stuff to come out. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
9,475 Posts
Pit Viper said:
gary salvail said:

After talking to Bob a couple weeks ago, I'm getting all antsy for the new stuff to come out. :thumbsup:
me too, and i haven't even talked to Bob :lol:

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the guage wasnt workin this morning...

my neg. terminal on my battery got loose and the car wouldnt start this morning.. tightened her up and she fired just fine...

i dont know why the guage will work perfectly and then decide not to work the next key cycle....

i'll have more time to "F" with it later tonight and report back...

i dont understand what can begoing on... there are only 2 connections, one at OBD port and one at the back of the guage... both havent been touched...

cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
You don't need to F with your gauge. Send it back to us, email a tracking number and we will send you new product and reimburse you for your shipping costs.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well.. last night I F'd with it...

all i did was unplug the obd port, unplug the cable, and plugged both back in...

she works like a charm again...

if it happens again, then i'll ship her out.....

thank you for offering to cover shipping and replace for free....

·
Registered
197 Posts
SRT-4 Female connector sizing

vegasDSM said:
well.. last night I F'd with it...

all i did was unplug the obd port, unplug the cable, and plugged both back in...

she works like a charm again...

if it happens again, then i'll ship her out.....

thank you for offering to cover shipping and replace for free....
Hi,

Our custom OBDII backshell [ GaugeLink Module ] is fabricated to EXACT OBDII standards, But.... we have found that Daimler/Chrysler was a "bit" slack in their mechanical interpretation of the OBDII standard.

Our OBDII connector may be "slightly" loose on the SRT-4 -- while it fits PERFECTLY on GM models.

GM seems to have better tolerences and follows the standard more closely.

If you continue to have problems -- send back your unit and we will replace it.

First -- ensure that you have our GaugeLink OBDII connector firmly seated ALL THE WAY onto the the SRT-4's Female OBDII connector.

Best Regards,

Bob Weiland

TechGauges

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right on... i cant tell of any difference(s) between your plug and other obd-II plugs that i've used on other cars....

damn mopar...

i appreciate your willingness to help and the fact that you mention your products inefficiency shows/tells a lot about your ethics and proper bus. practices...

cheers... enjoy your holiday weekend!

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
havent been driving the car that often (tranny problems, on my 3rd now)..

i have been driving the car daily for about 2 weeks now and the guage is doing the same as before.

after re-reading this post, it seems that (if i am reading correctly) that my issue is due to the obd-2 port and connector not mating up properly.

can you guys send me a new connector (so i dont have to yank the entire guage)?

i'll shoot you an email as well and reference this post.

cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
vegasDSM said:
havent been driving the car that often (tranny problems, on my 3rd now)..

i have been driving the car daily for about 2 weeks now and the guage is doing the same as before.

after re-reading this post, it seems that (if i am reading correctly) that my issue is due to the obd-2 port and connector not mating up properly.

can you guys send me a new connector (so i dont have to yank the entire guage)?

i'll shoot you an email as well and reference this post.

cheers

Send the gauge, cable and link back and I will fix you up.

Mail to tech gauges, 6285 e. calle alta vista, Tucson, az

Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts