Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned elsewhere here, I painted some interior pieces yesterday. Pics are up for anyone that's interested...

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ohyeahwright

And in case anyone missed it, there's some pics there from when I bought the car a few weeks ago and the subsequent road trip from FL back up to PA. Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yea, looks pretty sweet being body matched.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
What kind of paint did you use? Does it leave it glossy? Did the pedals come half colored, or did you color them too? Mine will be black, so there's not really anything to paint unless I add an accent color. It's probably a really fine line between looking good and rice. I like the look of yours so far.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Looks good. but what you did is sooo wrong.

The pedals? Removed the rubber and painted half?

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
nice paint job...i was suprised that dodge didnt do that to begin with, seeing how its included in the SXT. when i was at NAIAS they had color matched valve covers that should be out at the same time as the stage kits...and guys those are pedal covers, i've seen them in catalogs before

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used Mopar Solar Yellow spray paint for the job (the very same that they used on the '99 Dakota R/T, BTW.) The paint is glossy and it was soooo easy to pull and spray. The shift knob didn't turn out as well as I had hoped...the middle (where I sanded) is still rough even through the paint so I may have to re-do that part. Honestly, I think it's only a temporary deal as I would like to replace the shift knob eventually anyway. The pedals are not painted, just some store bought ones to dress up the interior. Thanks for all the compliments :D

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
looks good.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
I think it's a good idea especially if you do more of the interior so the console doesn't stand out soo much. Good job!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RUgoinup said:
I think it's a good idea especially if you do more of the interior so the console doesn't stand out soo much. Good job!
Yeah, I was thinking about attacking some of the other "satin silver" accents...like the inside door handles & the ring around the boost gauge, for instance. I don't know how far to take it yet, but I think I have a pretty accurate rice-o-meter that will stop me before i go too far! :lol:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Good Job!! Gives me a good idea of what my car would look like!! :D Did you just straight paint, or did you put a primer down? As for the shift knob, re-sand it with #240 sand paper or even finer if you can find it. That should do the trick!! :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
drizze99 said:
Good Job!! Gives me a good idea of what my car would look like!! :D Did you just straight paint, or did you put a primer down? As for the shift knob, re-sand it with #240 sand paper or even finer if you can find it. That should do the trick!! :D
I didn't use a primer, just cleaned the plastic thoroughly and sprayed it. The paint seems to be holding pretty well and is smooth to the touch. Thanks for the sandpaper tip! I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spcforker said:
Great Job !!! the knob needs a smiley face on it! :D
LOL... :lol:

Actually, I was gonna get some black touch up paint and an extremely fine brush and paint the grooves on the top of the shifter. The shift knob does look a little unfinished done up exclusively in yellow.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Great job on the interior! Be careful, don't get too outta hand on the paint, you can get sucked up into detailing! I would paint turbo guage ring and outter ring around door handle and stop there. 8) I don't think that wouldn be over doing it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts