Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
way2low01 said:
FINALLY had some time do dyno tune over the weekend. Heres the final verdict with dyno graphs to show the diff between the two

My previous best on 21psi running 93 pump gas was 397/396 sae using the cca

Now these are my numbers from last night after 12 pulls of tryn to get the most out of the car on 21psi, same mods only diff is this time with the qw intercooler. This graph is uncorrected, but the winpep corrected numbers are below

Corrected numbers are 386.67 and 374.70torque with the qw intercooler

Temps the night of the dyno session with the CCA intercooler were 77 deg or so. Temps of last nights dyno session with the QW intercooler were 51deg. Ill let you guys be the judge.

Link to the thread. http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206167&page=3

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Im not surprised.

I really want the CCA direct fit bc of the $$ and the power.. it's the 2nd best for the direct fit if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That is on the first design QW... the newer ones are much better...

·
Forum Moderator
3,188 Posts
It sounds like the best way to compare is to go to the track and check your times that way....You get proper air flow and a real life testing bed instead of a dyno that will not simulate proper air flow...I dont think the bar a plate gets a chance to shine until you run some 120 mph wind through it....

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
blksrt404 said:
It sounds like the best way to compare is to go to the track and check your times that way....You get proper air flow and a real life testing bed instead of a dyno that will not simulate proper air flow...I dont think the bar a plate gets a chance to shine until you run some 120 mph wind through it....

good point...

·
Registered
281 Posts
may I suggest you to take a look on the MPX from modern, I change my CCA for this one... and I can tell you, I did not have any regrets...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Doesnt BMW dyno their new cars in a wind tunnel to get accurate results?

Lets go do a dyno day in one of those!

·
Registered
281 Posts
even on a dyno... you wont have realistics results... even with a big fan... it will be very different than on the street à 60 mph...

on a dyno, you can check the psi drop in the FMIC, but for the temp drop, it will be a different story... as you can see the results of the test of the intercoolers here in this forum, the Spearco have a bad score... for the thermical part... but let me tell you this, it will be a different story on the road with the real air flow going throught this intercooler constructed with bar and plates technology and with the new wave technology....

oh ! by the way, the CCA is a tube construction.... not bar and plates...

my 2 cents...

·
Forum Moderator
3,188 Posts
JCstart said:
even on a dyno... you wont have realistics results... even with a big fan... it will be very different than on the street à 60 mph...

on a dyno, you can check the psi drop in the FMIC, but for the temp drop, it will be a different story... as you can see the results of the test of the intercoolers here in this forum, the Spearco have a bad score... for the thermical part... but let me tell you this, it will be a different story on the road with the real air flow going throught this intercooler constructed with bar and plates technology and with the new wave technology....

oh ! by the way, the CCA is a tube construction.... not bar and plates...

my 2 cents...
Agreed!!! A few of us are interrested in the QW as we have just ordered them and are starting to receive them and install... :thumbsup: So any reference I made to bar & plate was referring to QW...Sorry for the confusion...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Yeah there is really no real way to test these IC accurately.

You can however measure the pressure drop, the only way would be to make sure the incoming air was exactly the same temperature and then start the dyno on the same day in the same conditions.

I went with the AIS because of the nice endtanks (best on the market other than ED) and the core is matched well for the car...low pressure drop across the core yet still has good flow :).

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts