Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The plan was simple. Last step of the toys installation, the infamous intercooler sprayer.

Project got off to a bad start, noticed that the pump head was broken off. :flame:

Ok, get out the epoxy and go to town. 1hr later and a shitload of epoxy it was fixed.

Get all the sprayers installed, run the hoses, then it says to crazy glue some together :gay:

Like why can't Mopar supply proper fittings instead of glueing things together?

Anyways. Got that crap glued together.

Next comes the drilling of the washer bottle. By the instructions it appears that the mounting location would be in the way of the fog light.

So I move it closer to the rad so it'll clear the fog light assembly, or so I think.

Drill mounting hole for pump bracket and mount pump :thumbsup:

Turn car on and spray the SOB. Now I see that the pump head is leaking where I glued it. :flame:

This time I get serious. Crazy glue the little POS and then put some silicone over that. Let it dry overnight. :zzzz:

This morning re-install pump and hook all lines back up. Spray the SOB and now I have a leak at one of the compression fittings. :flame:

Take the fitting apart and realise it's f*cked, off to Home Depot for a replacement. 55 cents and an half hour later we're good to go :thumbsup:

Put the damm fitting back on and try it again... Waaaaahhooooo!!! No leaks.

Now I want to put the front fascia back on to make sure the fog light clears the pump........

F*CK !!! It doesn't clear the fog light..

Take the fascia off and now realise that I must have hit the pump.... It's leaking again :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Take pump and throw it on the road for someone to run over. :stab:

Now where can I get a replacement pump???? Anyone got a part # ? :eeeek:

So the long and short of it is. Bad pump design and connections results in half-ass installation and pissed off consumer.

Now this means I have to take the whole fascia off again when I get the replacement pump which I may or may not be even able to order :flame:

Attachments

3,181 Posts
Yipes Mike, looks like you had a busy day. What does the pump look like? Does it appear to be similar to a Windshield washer pump? If so, pick one up from crappy tire, as the standard windshield washer pumps will pump a lot of fluid, given standard washer line sizes.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I attached a pic of what it looks like. I am sure they took it from their parts bin, just need to know what car it is from so I can get a replacement.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm gonna head to Crappy Tire and see if I can rustle me up a replacement.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Before going to Cdn Tire to look for a replacement pump, I would look on the pump that came with the kit, and look for a part #. It is most likely a mopar parts bin pump. If it has a part number go order it from the dealer.

I highly doubt mopar had a specific pump designed for the S2 kit.

Should be getting started on the project today.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kaminarineon said:
stupid ass chrysler designers WTF were they thinking :rofl:
My thoughts *EXACTLY* :deadcow: Crappy tire had a better replacement, allowed me to get rid of some stupid adapters.

At least it was worth it. Lookie at this! :eveilgrin

Eric, If you're done with the project by the meet tomorrow, would you mind bringing it with you?? :thumbsup:

Tim Hortons Shoppers World 12:00pm in case you missed the thread.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Guys,

Sorry to say, but they DID have a special pump made, by Aquamist (of the UK, notice that text on the pump), along with off the shelf Aquamist spray nozzles. That pump puts out over 100 psi, about twice what you average windshield pump does. Viper junior, what you need to do is call the Mopar 800 number, or the Canadian equivelent.
So you didn't do an inventory when you opened the box? I'm pretty sure it, like most things, has a step that says " Inventory the contents and report damage to the shipper.

Hopefully, they can hook you up.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glhs837 said:
Guys,

Sorry to say, but they DID have a special pump made, by Aquamist (of the UK, notice that text on the pump), along with off the shelf Aquamist spray nozzles. That pump puts out over 100 psi, about twice what you average windshield pump does. Viper junior, what you need to do is call the Mopar 800 number, or the Canadian equivelent.
So you didn't do an inventory when you opened the box? I'm pretty sure it, like most things, has a step that says " Inventory the contents and report damage to the shipper.

Hopefully, they can hook you up.
Great information to hear about the PSI difference :thumbsup:

I'll try giving the Mopar 800 number a shout.

I did an inventory but didn't notice the top broken off. It was broken off flush so it wasn't that apparent, at least until you try and install it :eeeek:

Also after the bloody 2 month wait was I going to return the shipment?

I was in a rush to get it installed today and couldn't wait for a part to be shipped. The Crappy tire replacement will have to do for a bit.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Yeah, the sprayer, while a nice to have, is not required. I have been running my S2 since May without it. So drive and enjoy until you get it figured out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.