Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im About To Purchase A Quickwhips Front Mount Intercooler And I Wanted To Know If The Install Is Hard And If I Can Do It Myself. Im Pretty New To This But I Think I Can Tackle It But I Really Dont Know How Hard Its Going To Be. Any Infor Will Help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
take off front bumper, remove crash bar, remove stock IC. install new IC and reinstall bumper. Done

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
2,155 Posts
Yeah its that simple, but like most things there are always problems. Some people have had to cut the pcm bracket and I had a little difficulty getting the charge pipes back on. But it is in now and It looks good. It took me a few hours to do it. I say 2 outta 5 for difficulty.

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
2,155 Posts
No but get a real long extension and there are 3 bolts on each side up in the fender. The other bolts are easy to find. a few on top and a few on the bottom. You might be able to find another member close to you that is willing to help out though. The second hand is really good for helping install the new one.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
a 10mm ratcheting wrench or a 10mm 1/4 in drive socket makes getting the fascia off easy. don't just jump into this thinking it's as easy as one, two three... My AGP DF required me grinding down quite a bit of the opening to get the pipes in. And I barely got it in under the pcm bracket... i can definitely see some people having to grind that down. Yours might be an easy install, but I'm just here to warn you that you can easily run into some problems, which aren't too bad to tackle, just take your time, have patience, have the right tools, and do it right the first time :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys. I think I will order my tonight or tommorow morning and hopefully it will get here next weeked for me to install it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
alright heres the trick with qw fmic...the hot side pipe has fitment issues...some times they fit...most of time they dont...your gonna have a hell of a time getting it to fit

have a block of wood and a big fucking hammer on hand to do some mechanical aggitation on the hot side pipe. i also put on the rubber hotside pipe to the i/c and wedged it through the hole to meet up with the steel pipe .....once you get it to fit though.

i had a hell of a time putting it in ...but i dont regret it at all...the i/c has added 6mph in my trap speed and the car pulls hard in the upper rpm band

just like farani said

"just take your time, have patience, have the right tools, and do it right the first time :thumbsup:. "

do this and you should be fine

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
If I bought the qw uesd should it bolt rite up??

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
midnght said:
Yes, if it was mounted already then it will work on your vehicle aswell.
that's not true... the old car it came off of might have already had the modifications made to it... the new one won't.

Having a hoist will make this job say easier... just pay somebody $50 to do it for you... trust me... this is not the intercooler that you want to put on on your driveway...

·
Registered
950 Posts
horngrabber said:
that's not true... the old car it came off of might have already had the modifications made to it... the new one won't.

Having a hoist will make this job say easier... just pay somebody $50 to do it for you... trust me... this is not the intercooler that you want to put on on your driveway...
This is the intercooler I installed in my driveway... It wasnt very hard, but for the less mechanically inclined it might be a difficult task.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Took about 3 hours.. Took me forever to get the stock intercooler piping on.. The rest was easy.. Besides drilling the wholes with a 50 year old drill and dull drill bit. hehe

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
AGP FMIC is a PITA for fitment

1 - 15 of 15 Posts