Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone flow tested a stock IC. What are the numbers, pressure drop, etc....

The question I have is my brother just bought his upgraded big front mount and is giving me his stock cooler. I have a contact that can weld like a god. I was looking to have the two welded together with custom made end tanks.

Has anyone done this yet?? Anyone have any thoughts on it? The intercooler is free to me and it would only cost me a case of beer to have it welded.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
But it wont look nearly as good as a new fresh huge FMIC....but I guess it will certainly be a sleeper

·
Registered
951 Posts
It wouldn't Look nearly as good as a CCA? If you like tanks that look like somebody took a scotchbrite pad to them. I would rather cover my stock one with horse shit and spray paint "TURD" on it with fluorescent orange paint. But thats just me.

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
895 Posts
it would work.....done correctly.....

some say ours will support 500hp before heat soak.... the main advantage to the larger ones comes in removing the ding dong bumper and allowing more air to flow over the radiator and the engine (don't get me wrong the larger intercoolers have a decided advantage)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
reddy said:

some say ours will support 500hp before heat soak.... the main advantage to the larger ones comes in removing the ding dong bumper and allowing more air to flow over the radiator and the engine (don't get me wrong the larger intercoolers have a decided advantage)

Hmmmmm I never thought of that!!! Will we see a drop in engine temperature with this Huge FMIC?? That would be another great advantage to this beautiful looking item!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
reddy said:

Do you or anyone else know what CFM our stockers flow? If ours are rumored to support that kinda horsepower than two of them properly mated will flow realy well.

The guy that does my welding is GOOD he has done some welding of older turbo dodge intercoolers. This was in a thread on hear with the old 2.2/2.5 stuff. Three older 2.2 T2 stockers together will flow 900+ CFM. So he has done a few for some of my friends. So I trust him with this adventure I am about to take on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bmxking45 said:
But it wont look nearly as good as a new fresh huge FMIC....but I guess it will certainly be a sleeper
I know. I just got my brothers FMIC in the mail today. Looks really good and the blue lettering on the front would look much better on my electric blue car than his black. Maybe I should take mine out and put it in the box inplace of the Spearco. Think he would notice ? :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts