Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock boost is 11 psi. When you run the car up to red line it should hold 11 psi.

If you take off say in 4th gear at 2000 rpm, then you will hit about 14psi then it will drop down back to 11 psi.

When I installed my HKS EVC 5 I set it to 11 psi. The car will boost to about 13 psi then come back to 11, then up to 12 then settle at 11.

When I set it to 14psi. The car would spike to about 17 psi, then drop to 14, bounce up to 16, then down to 14, back up to 15 before it would settle at 14. So as you see, you get a type of osillation on the vehicle which feels bad. You hear and feel the car jerk fwd and back as the wastegate (WG)modulates.

I just finished shimming the wastegate actuator with a washer in each bolt. This opens up the WG a little. Now the WG still modulates but nothing like it did before. I will try adding another washer to see if it gets even better.

The HKS EVC lowers the lag. YOu get full boost alot sooner. You can notice a difference. WHen I shimmed the WG, the lag feels like normal. Mind you getting full boost before 3000 is great which is still accomplished. In my supra, i would get full boost at 3800. So lag is really not an issue with the srt being that its a small spooling tubo.

On most turbos, by shimming the WG, you get more boost out of it because the WG arm is tightened ulike the SRT, when you shimmy it, it ads some slack to the arm.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So, if I understand correctly, the wastegate can pushes the wastegate closed instead of pulling it closed like other cars. And if you shim the can so it is closer to the wastegate it puts more pressure on it. Correct?

·
Registered
33 Posts
With an EVC 5 setup correctly, you should have NO fluctuation... Thats the job of the selinoid in the evc setup. Where are you getting your boost source from ?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I need help with this!!! I t'd into the line that goes to the TB which also runs the BOV. Should I get another boost source? Where.

AWD_ENVY said:
With an EVC 5 setup correctly, you should have NO fluctuation... Thats the job of the selinoid in the evc setup. Where are you getting your boost source from ?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
holy thread of the living dead, try ting into the green line, but first play with the gain settings some more

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
srtfat
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing