Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing an AEM CAI here before. But I was wondering if anyone has tried installing an HKS or HKS styled "honeycomb power filter"? This is what kind of intake I want when the car gets in, but didn't know if you can just customize the filter kit to fit to factory piping or if I need new piping to fit everything right?
Here is a link to the filter type I am looking in to:
http://www.hksusa.com/images/?pid=&id=1615
Anyone have any idea what it would take to get one of these to install correctly if they don't have the kit by the time the car comes in?
I'll be e-mailing ATP Turbo about possibly creating a pipe to install this kit properly. I'll let you guys know.

·
Vendor
6,407 Posts
Hold your horses..

Aem is in the process of making an intake, and they have a SRT-4 on their lifts right now.. They are in the design process as we surf the net .. :p

It will be available soon.. MP of course.. will be stocking them for our SRT's.. :D

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
from what i have heard a intake on the srt-4 is pointless, but thats just opinions i have heard on this board and others............i would like to see an dyno run with a stock srt-4 with the hood mod, a aem cold air and a aem short ram, as they have them listed on thier web site..........but in my opinion spending 300 bucks on a cai for maybe 5 hp is dumb, and if the hood mod which i can do for a max of 50 bucks gives me the same or close to the same results...... on another note i read a article in a new magazine that tested intakes and found based on dyno results that the new aem v2 intake is a load of crap(the whole 4 in pipe thing) just some food for thought

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
yes but chromed pipes look bad ass :D

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
RICER ALERT!!!!! RICER ALERT!!!!!! :roll: :lol:

Anyhow i dunno about intakes on a turbo car but hey if its cooler air than normal remember that after the slight heat transfer through turbo it gets cooled by IC...just some food for thought

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Well on 1.8T's the gains from an CAI don't exist its more of a way to make their DV louder...

Just put a K/N drop in, in and be done with it :wink:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
:cry: i can like chrome and not be rice cant i :cry:

·
Vendor
6,407 Posts
Not sure where you guys are getting this information from..

1) The price hasnt been set yet, dont just blow it off as another $300 intake..

2) I have rarely seen a turbo car that didnt get at least.. 8-10 hp if not more from an intake..

Im sure we will dyno test the intake, and it will show good results. Until then though, stop dismissing it as a ricer part !! :?

Ricer parts definition= show parts.. Not go parts..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know the injen intake for the WRX gained somewhere around 17 hp
i think i read somewhere like it was the most power ever gained from just an intake...but the wrx intake path is very restrictive.......and you cant deny that you get intimidated by the loud ass turbo whistle that an intake gives

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
modernceo said:
2) I have rarely seen a turbo car that didnt get at least.. 8-10 hp if not more from an intake..
at the wheels? i have rarely seen a turbo car get more than 3hp at the wheels.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
where have you been LiD....WRX gain way more than 3

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i said rarely, that is about the only car i have seen with minimal gains.

·
Vendor
6,407 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
i said rarely, that is about the only car i have seen with minimal gains.
Where are you guys getting this information from? All this misinformation is beginning to irritate me !!

Ok..here are two dynos.. stock cars.. with Injen intakes..

First.. Volkswagen 1.8Turbo

That car gained 11 hp and 10 lbs of torque with just an air intake system.

Subaru WRx -
Car gained 13.9 hp and 12 lbs of torque.
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0201tur_xswrx/

Eclipse GSt
Car gained 11 hp and 10 lbs of torque
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0209it_ppeclipse/

All these are turbocharged four cylinder cars with just the addition of an intake..

Do you guys still think turbo cars will only gain 3 hp ? ! :?

Now, naturally we and others will be dynoing the new AEM intake on the SRT-4 and we are confident good gains will be seen..

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
cali said:
Now someone with the hood scoop mod post your dyno, and we can wait on AEM's #'s after that.
you cant dyno a scoop mod Cali cause the hood is open while you dyno :roll: :wink: :lol: 8)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
acr2nv said:
cali said:
Now someone with the hood scoop mod post your dyno, and we can wait on AEM's #'s after that.
you cant dyno a scoop mod Cali cause the hood is open while you dyno :roll: :wink: :lol: 8)
yes u can....close it and simulate a 20mph wind...with a fan....DUH! :idea:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
17 Participants
PhatTrax
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing