Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking About Adding A Cold Air Intake.....has Anyone On This Site Added An Intake ....cold Air Or Short Ram......has It Made A Difference In Horse Power....or Is It A Waste Of Money.....how Does This Affect The Dodge Warranty On The Srt 4.....road Warrior

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Injen...

Made a differnce power wise...sounds awsome.

Won't void you warrenty unless the dealer is a moron.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
thanks stealth.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Has anyone herd good or bad about the Psi-Fi cold air intake?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
do the stock air box hood mod and save you $$$$ for a WGA and boost controoler

·
Registered
490 Posts
The only reason you gain hp from a CAI is cuz your making the piping larger diameter and taking out the restrictions and turbilence out of the stock intake. The stock air box pulls from the fender anyway. you take a few degree cooler air temp and compress it. 2 things happen, the compressing of the air causes heat and the turbo being turned by exhaust gasses is extremely hot. The intake charge almost instantly makes the temp charge just as hot as the turbo itself.

Thats why forced induction engines really benefit from an intercooler, it cools the intake temp AFTER being compressed and after running through the turbo.

My advice.. leave the stock airbox and buy a WGA.. Trust me you will benefit way more from more boost than a CAI

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Becca said:
The only reason you gain hp from a CAI is cuz your making the piping larger diameter and taking out the restrictions and turbilence out of the stock intake. The stock air box pulls from the fender anyway. you take a few degree cooler air temp and compress it. 2 things happen, the compressing of the air causes heat and the turbo being turned by exhaust gasses is extremely hot. The intake charge almost instantly makes the temp charge just as hot as the turbo itself.

Thats why forced induction engines really benefit from an intercooler, it cools the intake temp AFTER being compressed and after running through the turbo.

My advice.. leave the stock airbox and buy a WGA.. Trust me you will benefit way more from more boost than a CAI
Also with the CAI the air that is colder is denser and packed with more air and molecules. This way you get a better mix of fuel and air.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've always believed that any turbocharged car would benefit just as much from a SRI than a CAI, only because you have an intercooler. If you want more efficient cooling, don't worry about spending more money on a CAI, spend that $$ on a more efficient intercooler. The Injen sits right above the hole where the CAI would go, so you're already getting that "cold air" anyways. Stick w/ the Injen.

Edit: We really gotta put an end to these SRI vs. CAI threads anyways. These things start alot of useless arguments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts