Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased "Cool-tube Heat Shield" by Thermo Tec. Works on stock intake like mine and aftermarket. Dressup for stock motor area and reduces the heat transfer from engine, I hope :lol:. Cost 50bucks from JC whitney. Going to get some exhaust insulating wrap next for lower intercooler line that goes down from turbo and under engine. Hopefully after doing all this I'll drop my intake temps some and gain some Hp's. Just trying to get a little more out of my stock motor setup and keep my warranty at same time. Anyone else have this mod or seen it on a car. Let you all know how things go with performance of car over next couple of days. :rofl: Probably not going to be that much of a gain, but gave me something to do this afternoon installing the thing. If anything, I like the way it makes the engine area look and it was 150-200 bucks cheaper than a CAI. :clap: Don't know how to post pics here so just pm me your email and I'll send ya a couple of pics.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Results

Well, next day I went to work and I accelerated in a part of road that I always do. Car seems a bit stronger and more solid acceleration. Not a whole lot just a bit. Think insulation is doing something. Going to have to insulate Downpipe to get better results I think. Noticed too that mopar sells a Cermatic coated header for our car. This probably runs cooler too. Know that IPP hood will cool general engine area down too. 500 some bucks though....someday maybe. Hmmm, well, going to keep trying to cool things down in this stock engine and see what kind of improvement I can get.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More insulating...

Just ordered up some Fiberglass insulation tape for the downpipe to intercooler and exhaust from manifold to cat. Think this will cool things down a bit for intake system some more. Then when I have an extra Grand to waste....not if wife finds out :lol:...that special header that mopar sells and IPP Hood. Does anyone else know of any other ways to cool down things in engine area??? besides maybe a 180/160 thermostat...which I'm not going to do. Guess I could wrap up radiator hoses too, but now that's getting excessive with insulation I think :lol: Guess I'm bored and want something to do to my car. Just want to keep things Mopar parts and stockish until basic warranty runs out. Daily driver on a budget. :crying:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.