Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious about the guys that actually have the SRT with their age and insurance. I know the WRX is rated at about 500$ a month for an 18 year old....its rated 1 catagory below an exotic rating. So if you could please state your age, how much you pay for insurance...and any other factors that might make it higher/lower. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i already spoke with my insurance company, allstate. i am 16yo and i pay $125/ mo right now and they said that if i add the SRT-4 it will raise my insurance to $225/ mo. and yes, they have the SRT-4 in their computer system as a turbo performance car.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha...not for long then...good luck....Anyone know what it will be?

·
Registered
175 Posts
It might have more to do with age and driving experience than the car. Im 20 years old, and pay $1000/yr for full coverage from AAA. Keep in mind this is with a 2000 Civic Si, but I have no accidents, and one ticket. When I first started driving, my insurance was through the roof.

I suggest getting on the same insurance policy with your parents (so its cheaper), then just bite the bullet and pay. It will get better if you dont fuck up. Then eventually you will be paying nothing for top notch insurance.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm 16 and i pay 1050 a year for a Plymouth Acclaim 3.0, Dodge minivan, Honda Accord, 1965 Dodge Coronet, and a 1954 Oldsmobile Rocket 88. It was just raised b/c it was raining and i got in an accident in the mall parking lot...But the dumb guy didnt have his blinker on. no points off the liscence but it still turned out to be my fault b/c i turned into oncoming traffic...well if he would have had his signal on, i wouldnt have turned...dumb lil shit...oh well...it only went up 300 more a year...and i guess thats a good deal for a 16 year old...i'm on my parents insurance though...so idk...hopefully i dont do anything else stupid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A big factor in it is where you live. I used to have my car registered in upstate New York, middle of nowhere, and for my fifteen year old Corolla it was about 1800 a year (I was 19 at the time). Now I'm 22, and with the same car registered in Manhattan it's about 3 grand a year. Mind you, that's with no accidents ever, no moving violations ever, nothing but a couple parking tickets.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been looking closely at insurance rates lately, and they don't vary much from car to car. I'm 24, been driving since 1996, never got a demerit point. I have an at-fault accident from 1997. I drive 5km to work (about 3 miles) and do about 5000-7000 miles a year.

Both the SRT-4 and the PT Cruiser Turbo come in at 170$ (Canadian) per month. The WRX would be slightly more at 206$ per month. Still not that bad.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SRT-Hunter said:
you own all those cars yourself??

haha no...i'm under my parents insurance...thats all the cars they own all together...i drive all of them though...the '65 is fun...400hp is a nice time.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I'm 19 and I'm paying 1200 a year on my Legacy. That's with no tickets or accidents. Mine fluctuates though sometimes it goes down then it rebounds.

-faast

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
insurance

spcforker said:
Just got an update on the Insurance cost:
Allstate full coverage- $450.53/6 mo.
hartford through AARP F/C- $470/6 mo.
OUTRAGEOUS? $610/6 mo. 2 vehicales
:lol: That's cause there's no one to hit in Alaska! :wink:

I got quoted $884/6 months. 26, single male, Atlanta, GA through USAA.
$250 deductibles on everything. And they knew EXACTLY what an SRT-4 was. :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just got a quote from Geico for an SRT-4 full coverage in New Rochelle, NY (where im moving in the summer). They quoted $3505.00/6 months.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah.....insanity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Damn SRTHunter...I hope you're kidding. Either that or you're a 16year old/w a couple of DUI's an SR20 and about 10 at fault accidents. Please tell me that's the case. :shock:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nope....im 20 years old...in college...have one speeding ticket (50 in a 40), and thats it!!! I was flabbergasted. I need to get some quotes from some other companies. :cry:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I pay 1200/6 months on my car

01 Jeep Grand cherokee..im 18 now, no accidents, tickets, etc. Thank God

still anal rapage here in Jersey...I guess its becasue we're the densest state in the US

should i expect the SRT-4 to be even higher than this? cuz its nuts here

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Re: insurance

Pit Viper said:
I got quoted $884/6 months. 26, single male, Atlanta, GA
through USAA. $250 deductibles on everything. And they
knew EXACTLY what an SRT-4 was. :(
I pay $375/6 mo for full coverage on my S10.
Once got a quote to add a 220-hp Taurus SHO
to my tab... it was something like $325/6 mo.
Maybe I should call and check on SRT-4 rates.

I am 26 and live in Texas's most $$$$ county.
Oh, and that is through State Farm insurance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
xither0ckxi
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing