Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how I can get my car insurance to cover my body kit? or cover my other mods too? I have State farm right now.

·
Registered
747 Posts
For my 2000 neon my front of my old kit got smashed and insurance covered it. I have since went to polyurethane. All I did was get a quote from a body shop on the damage and then tell the insurance company you got a quote already and then the shop faxed it to insurance. So in all reality my insurance company didnt really know they bought me a new after market front.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Your insurance should cover it. They will replace whatever was damaged, aftermarket or factory. They did on my 95 neon twice.

·
Registered
414 Posts
yes they will cover it its called "Aftermarket protection" they come and appraise your car and will rase your rates accordingly. i had it on my sebring and i'm glad i did because a 1999 sebring with 75k miles ok it books for around 8 grand and when i water locked the motor it got totaled out and my after market insurance brought the value of the car up to 16300. and i even had 1 week to take everything off the car and put the factory back on... and then i got my SRT4...went form all show and no go to all go and f*ck show so you need to call them and set up a time for them to come appraise the car have all recepts(or prin tout from internet of value of item) and CLEAN THE CAR HEAD TO TOE! the cleaner it looks the more expensive it looks. they will cover everything from engine upgrades to body kits including custom paint and body work.......damn thats novel......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.