Dodge SRT Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
UPDATE - Sep 8., 2008

Just spoke with Neil @ VEI Systems after a 4-month hiatus (his e-mail changed, I started medical school)... and got this thing rolling again. Apparently the design has been near finished for some time now, and had otherwise just been forgotten about. Come this Wednesday, the initial 'test' cluster will be coming my way to test for signals... and from there, we'll get this thing rolling, and finalized!

Dave

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
will you be allowed to take pictures once you get the test model so we can have an idea on how the final product may come out to look like or no?
I can't see why not. I'll confirm with Neil, and if all things are a go, I'll be certain to snap a few teaser photos. However, to the best of my knowledge, this is a definite prototype (I'll have to run a few wires to confirm the source of some of the signals.)

Dave

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
OK, I spoke with Neil late last night, and asked him about the photos. He stated that I probably ought not to take take photos of the cluster he's sending me. Apparently it's not even a prototype, per se. It's the stock cluster, minus the gauges, with random wires running to some of their current round gauges... What I will be receiving will be nothing like the final product. I am simply going to be taking this design, running the wires, comfirming the wiring necessary for installation (wire here, wire there... nothing major) and then once everything checks out OK, send it back to him for more work. And from there, the second one I'll be sent will be the prototype which can be photographed.

Dave

81 - 88 of 88 Posts