Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've not heard anything for a while and I admit I haven't checked. I'll see if I can get some info this coming week.

·
Registered
729 Posts
any info?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Last I heard a week ago was that VEI got a stock SRT4 cluster for evaluation, and I know the design phase takes some time. But I can say with certainty that it is in the works. :clap:

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Damn, I can't wait for this. A custom cluster would be f'in awesome! I'd definitely buy one. Make sure you do a group buy when they first come out!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
My cluster has been in the hands of VEI for ~1.5 months now. We've already gone through a long development stage, just trying to figure out details regarding function, overall design (however nothing too specific), and electrical work necessary to get it to work.

I, with consent from Neil @ VEI, will be posting up design layout possibilities for the new all-digital, custom designed, instrument cluster. Once I get a few designs I'll post a few polls across the forums and see what everyone likes.

Enjoy,
Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
I haven't heard anything about this, but I will be speaking with VEI on Friday and I'll get an update. I know they were scrambling for the last few weeks because their machining operations got hit by the Iowa flooding, and needed to move that to another location.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Sorry guys. I started medical school and quite honestly my car is the least of my worries right now. I'll try and get ahold of Neil and get a few more things worked out. We ran into a few design problems... but I'm hoping those were taken care of since I last spoke with him.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
I have several clusters, if it would be of any help. I am not all that interested in having one of these, but it's available. Also, I have an '05 base neon cluster, which has most of the same guts, and it does have the same 'chassis' as the SRT-4 cluster, which VEI can hack all up. PM me if any of this is of value to the process.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I just got off the phone with Neil at VEI. He said that he was working on the cluster and is hoping to have some answers within a month. He did mention if all goes well and everything turns out successful. It will take up to five weeks from the order date to build a cluster. He said he guessed the price would vary on the options chosen for the cluster, but he thinks it would be in the $700 range.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
No offense, but I find that rather aggitating. I have been trying to contact Neil via e-mail for the last couple weeks, and am yet to hear anything back. Being that it is my cluster he's using, I'd like to kept in the loop. I'm also the one that setup most of the designs with him... GRRRR... I'm pissed!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts