Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
S3PTPSRT4, I'll post here so everyone's up on what's happening. Send it to VEI directly at the address here. You can put "attn: Neil" on it, and put your name, address, number, email inside the package. Let me know when it's shipped so I'm aware of what's happening. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
vgauges said:
S3PTPSRT4, I'll post here so everyone's up on what's happening. Send it to VEI directly at the address here. You can put "attn: Neil" on it, and put your name, address, number, email inside the package. Let me know when it's shipped so I'm aware of what's happening. Thanks!
I'll do this next monday or tuesday.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
vgauges said:
BTW, since your cluster is out of the car, does the car work properly still? I hear some newer cars will detect if the cluster is missing, to prevent odometer tampering I guess.

Vic.
Vic, the car does start and run without the cluster installed. I don't know if there are any real issues when driving without the cluster, because I only started the car, let it idle for a minute, revved the engine and then shut it off. My stereo started acting a little :gay:, but I think that was due to some other stupid thing and nothing to do with the instrument bezel, because the stereo worked after restarting the car.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
whites97 said:
vgauges said:
BTW, since your cluster is out of the car, does the car work properly still? I hear some newer cars will detect if the cluster is missing, to prevent odometer tampering I guess.

Vic.
Vic, the car does start and run without the cluster installed. I don't know if there are any real issues when driving without the cluster, because I only started the car, let it idle for a minute, revved the engine and then shut it off. My stereo started acting a little :gay:, but I think that was due to some other stupid thing and nothing to do with the instrument bezel, because the stereo worked after restarting the car.
My car drove fine with out the cluster, but I never took it into boost.

·
Registered
132 Posts
VEI has not received the cluster yet, so I PM'ed S3PTPSRT4 about this yesterday to see if it went out yet. We'll get there soon. :rockon

·
Registered
132 Posts
No cluster yet and i've not heard back from S3PTPSRT4 yet so perhaps he's out or hasn't checked here in a while. Anyone else with a cluster that they can spare for a week lmk. VEI will offer a discount to whoever lends out their cluster for this.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You still need a gauge pod?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes ... a stock SRT4 cluster. VEI needs detailed measurements so that they can start suggesting layouts etc. LMK if you have one and I'll have them create a prepaid shipping label for you to send it to them.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Why don't you just snag a cheap one off of ebay?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jerod said:
Why don't you just snag a cheap one off of ebay?
Because I'm not actually part of this deal, and will be making nothing from it. I'm just facilitating because I know VEI and know you folks, so I'm helping get this started and once the deal gets going it'll be between VEI and you folks directly. VEI's regular process used to be where you send in your cluster for evaluation and a quote with a $50 charge for the quote, applied to the price of the cluster. That $50 was a major bargain because I've seen the days of work that go into measuring and laying out some clusters just for a proper quote. The overall shape gets put into a CAD program and then the angle and position of each LED is calculated so that it fits properly. But they even dropped the $50 charge since sending in one's cluster is enough to indicate that someone is committed enough and not just a tire kicker. VEI figures that if someone can't spare their cluster for couple days + ship time, then how would they let it go for a couple/few weeks to have the cluster made, and Neil will probably not spend his days shopping ebay for a deal on a cluster and having to figure out model and manufacturing differences etc between the one's on ebay and the one you all have... trust me, I've seen him work 25-hour days.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I am actually glad to see you say that. Honestly up until this very moment I couldn't help but think "Why would I want to buy guages off someone that can't even pay for a stock cluster to work from??" That certainly clears that up, so I definately appreciate the explanation.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
if i send vei a cluster can they modify a stock cluster with backlit leds ....im talking like bright bright bright leds i want the redline area to be backlit in white so the reline works and the rest all in blue......pop in led bulbs have dark spots and just dont light up enough

·
Registered
711 Posts
whites97 said:
vgauges said:

Vic.
You can drive the car and everything normal but if you do and install it back in after word the check engine light comes on, did it before, if you do just take the neg batt cable off for 10 min and the light goes out.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Has anyone shipped one in yet? I'm trying to find one, but everyone wants $100+ for a cluster and I'm just not willing to give up that amount of dough right now...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Last week someone emailed me and said they were taking their car down for a bit, so they would ship the cluster to VEI. They're supposed to get back to me soon (next week or the one after I expect) and I'll pay the shipping cost.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts