Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a GOOD way to clean this thing? The first time I tried I scratched it all to hell by dragging the dust all over it. :( It's gotta be the softest plastic ever made. You can't tell normally, only if the sun hits it right ... spiderweb city.

I know that for model car building you can take any clear parts and wet sand them down, then dip them in Future floor polish and they look good as new ...

http://www.briansmodelcars.com/tutorials/tutorial.asp?TutorialID=14&CurPage=1

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
No No No No.

Do it the easy way and buy a pack of Swiffer cloths. Works PERFECT.

·
Registered
773 Posts
if their badly scratched....sometimes i've used plastic cleaner, then a plastic polisher (same for headlights and taillights). I couldnt tell you a brand, cuz i forget and we get it at our shop....napa/riceboys should have something for that. Once you use that, the polisher makes the cover feel really smooth, and its light dusting after that.

·
Registered
543 Posts
yeah, i found microfiber works real good with a soft cleaner like windex to take out streaks. i tried dusting it but it just kinda relocated the dust. maybe wasnt static charged or something

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.