Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing hte mopar springs on stock struts this Saturday...Do you need a spring compressor with these? If i remember correctly, some say yes and some say no. I don't really want to loose an eyeball over the $30 rental fee. (or whatever is it).

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
If you have 3 people to push down, you'll get by.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RUgoinup said:
If you have 3 people to push down, you'll get by.
Haha yeah that's what I was considering..but maybe i'll save some work and rent one anyways. Any tips on making this easy?

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
3 people. i have done more than a dozen sets myself, without having a problem at all. just push down and tighten teh nut

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
did an srt4 by myself the other day on jackstands.....took me 1.5hrs...but the spring compressor saved my day thats for sure

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
just go get a cheap ass one...itll make ur life 10000x easier. then just return it and say thats not what u actually needed ahahahaha

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
2005 Orange-Blast said:
just go get a cheap ass one...itll make ur life 10000x easier. then just return it and say thats not what u actually needed ahahahaha
ha ha l did that when l dropped my tranny. I bought a tranny jack and returned it after l was done and said it didn't do what l thought it would.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Not sure how your Autozone's are, but the one by me said $40 deposit, fully refundable when you return them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wildcat said:
Not sure how your Autozone's are, but the one by me said $40 deposit, fully refundable when you return them.
ya most will rent you tools for free (with safey deposit). kragen, checker, autozone all do it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
auto zone has that free tool rental, see if they have one for rent.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Usually you have to buy the tool for the tool rental. Then just return if for full refund afterwards. Atleast that is how it is by me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts