Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a pretty straight forward job.

Just curious if there is any thing I should watch for when putting it in? Tips for easier install?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I would just say it's a strait forward job.
Other than don't pull on the wires themselves , but you knew that

May I ask why you needed a new harness, and how much they cost

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mainly TPS issues. And I blow at soldering so I've got jacked splices everywhere.

Haven't bought it yet but plan to. I think mopar-wholesaleparts.com has it for $121 or something like that.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad. Not sure why I thought $121.

Its actually $153.44.

mopar-wholesale.com

5030514AA

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
A grand? Id be practicing soldering LOL

There are 2 fresh srt-4s in a yard in MO, dont know how far a drive that is for ya.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I did this a couple years back. it is straight forward but time consuming. I de-installed as I installed so not to forget what goes where. the only snag area I would say was all the crap that had to go under and around the intake manifold/starter motor.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thats what I was thinking of doing as well. Just unclip old and clip in new as I go.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I recognize where about 75% of those connectors go. Anyone have a diagram showing what goes where. Sure you can just unplug the old & plug in the new but it would make planning out a wiring tuck a little easier.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I just pick up harness off someone who was parting out a couple srt.I paid 80 bucks for harness.The previous owner had a greddy e-manage and there is wires all over and im afraid to cut anything.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
lol im guessing this gos under the 'peace of mind' mods. your not shure if its gonna do anything or what its doing and y your buying it but for some reason you still need it

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
4,118 Posts
I know where EVERY connector on this car goes... lol I've had the motor pulled w/ the harness once then motor pulled without it the other time.

It's pretty easy and if you look at how the harness is... it's self explanatory on where they go... and where they will reach and fit right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did this a couple years back. it is straight forward but time consuming. I de-installed as I installed so not to forget what goes where. the only snag area I would say was all the crap that had to go under and around the intake manifold/starter motor.
could you do the job without removing the engine?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts