Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and in third gear WOT run it reads 10.2- 10.4.....is that good or bad...i honestly dont know...ive searched and im clueless...its about 14.7-15.4-5 at idle......Btw i have a clamp(dasmopar), but its not put in yet cause i have no idea how to do it, and what to look for....Help would be much apreciated...thnx

·
Registered
143 Posts
The SRT from the factory runs pig rich at WOT for reasons being its safer to be richer than leaner.. the fact that its around 10.2 - 10.4 shows how much more power can be made with a fuel controller like the SAFC-II Neo or a complete stand alone engine management system such as the AEM unit. The car is happiest with a A/F ratio of around 11.8 - 12.0 at WOT which is considerably leaner.

As for your clamp, a simple search on the forum will net you at least 2 pages of poeple throwing on MAP clamps for their SRT's.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
make note you need to take pcm off boost control....such as agp wga .....before you tune with mapclamp....10s on the afr is pig ass rich

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
make note you need to take pcm off boost control....such as agp wga .....before you tune with mapclamp....10s on the afr is pig ass rich
:eeeek: The scary part about that, is that i already have an agp wga..its set @ 17-18. In case it matters i also have stage 1 , needswings dp v5 and an intake... Any Ideas guys?
i knew 10.2 wasnt a good number

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
10.2 is great.....cant fuck up your car at that afr nice and safe...check your boost gauge and make shure it is accurate
thats good to know..:clap: im going to attempt the clamp install 2morrow hopefully everything will b ok....if i set it to lets say 12ish afr..can that allow me to raise my boost up a bit? And also what can i expect from setting to 12ish in terms of performance..will i notice anything?
Btw .. I really apreciate the input...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
10.2 is great.....cant fuck up your car at that afr nice and safe...check your boost gauge and make shure it is accurate
oh i dunno about that, ya rich is way better than lean but if you go too rich you will get fuel blowby pass the rings and get a saturated crankcase. for the best power 11.8-12.5afr and if you are worried about emissions, run it lean.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
fg2srt4 said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
oh i dunno about that, ya rich is way better than lean but if you go too rich you will get fuel blowby pass the rings and get a saturated crankcase. for the best power 11.8-12.5afr and if you are worried about emissions, run it lean.
10s are pretty common for the srt-4 ...i was in the 10s stage 2 and im in the 10s now with stage 3

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
fg2srt4 said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
running it lean will help the emissions a bunch cause the shit will be blowed up and not running and we all know a non running blowed up car has 0 emissions...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i should leave it at 10.3-6? or lean it out to 12ish? wouldnt leaning it a bit crank out some more ponies? I want ponies!!:eveilgrin

·
Registered
528 Posts
leaning it out gets rid of some popping noises too lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Lean it out to 11.8. You'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
NinjamanSRT said:
Lean it out to 11.8. You'll be fine.
I agree. Anywhere between 11.6 and 11.8 is perfect. If you throw in some race gas for running at the track, then you can tune it to 12.2 to 12.4. Add W/I and you can tune it even higher.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sorry for thread jacking but...

If you install a fuel controller, can it be uninstalled fairly quickly? and what traces would be left behind that it was there? just a few spliced wires?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts