Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed the Launch Boost Controller last night. Install was very straight forward. I ended up using a momentary toggle switch for now. It is a lighted switch. Its white when the car is on, and then it changes to red when you engage the switch. I mounted it in the little cubby hole right next to the rear defroster button(I'll update with pics of it). That way I can still have my hand on the shifter while I have it engaged. I took if for a test drive last night. I initially set it to half reduction. It was perfect the first time. I normally boost 18-19 lbs. With this thing engaged the boost drops to 9. Its awesome. This thing definetly works. I can finally get traction in first gear now. :clap: Heres a pic of the unit in the engine bay. For now I have it ziptied to the wiring going up to the Fuel Injectors. It also happens to be right next to my PTP Billet Check Valve. I wanted it to be accesible so I can adjust it easily. I definetly recommend this to anyone with traction issues. :ninja:

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
So let me get something straight. You normally boost 18-19psi, with holding what to redline? Are you running aftermarket wastegate? How do you run 9psi if the wastegate is set higher than that. Does the Boost launcher bleed off enough boost before getting that far, basically creating a huge boost leak until you flip the switch? This might be what I am looking for. Especially for track purposes. Thanks for the info.

Scott

·
Registered
308 Posts
It bleeds the extra boost off via the BOV until you flip the switch then you have full boost

·
Registered
802 Posts
does this only work with an aftermarket BOV or can it be used with the mopar plate? I have PT's wastegate and its been treatin me well, i'd like to see what this bc can do.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some more pics closeup of the solenoid/valve assembly.

Now the pics of the interior switch. When the car is on the switch is illuminated white. When you engage the switch(LBC) it turns red.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought my car would draw too much attention before. Now its even louder when I take off in first gear with the BOV venting. Haha.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
glad this product is working out for you. i remember initial testing with this. it was funny john was driving and i had momentary control of the switch.. he kept on trying to get on it and i just killed all his power... fun stuff

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
FSRbikr98 said:
does this only work with an aftermarket BOV or can it be used with the mopar plate? I have PT's wastegate and its been treatin me well, i'd like to see what this bc can do.
It is recommend that you use this with the stock/blue plate bov only. It will work with some after market BOV's but for some reason there have been a few problems with the after market stuff. One BOV will work fine on one car then the next car the same BOV wont work.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
jayely1 said:
so both the "IN and "1" go to the pink hose correct?

So let me get this straight. You ask a question in another thread and I answer it. You ask if I am positive, so I SEARCH FOR YOU and find a thread with very detailed pics about where the vac lines are going.

And yet you are still asking the same question...:stab: :stab: :stab: :stab:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
So let me get this straight. You ask a question in another thread and I answer it. You ask if I am positive, so I SEARCH FOR YOU and find a thread with very detailed pics about where the vac lines are going.

And yet you are still asking the same question...
Im just making sure...His pic is hard to tell on 1 of the hoses where it goes.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
haha No the damn shift knob (with the hidden button) isn;t hear yet. Tom. hopfully I just didnt want to have any difficulties thats why i ask so many questions. Thanks gain tho!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
i will let you know and take some pic ..thanks for your help buddddy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts