Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the mounts about a month ago, and this noise popped up about 2 weeks after install.

When I let out on the clutch and give the car gas in gear, and the motor tourques over there is a noise coming from the top mm area. Same thing happens when you disengage the clutch and the motor tourques back the opposite way.

I think it may be the cam gear plastic shroud but have looked at it and nothing is touching it.

Anyone else had this prob????

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phubarr said:
How come you didn't describe the noise?
LOL... its almost like a plastic sounding skreetch or somthing.....
and its done once the motor stops tourquing either back or forwards...

I have tightened both mm bolts on the top... if you grab the cam gear shroud plastic and move it... thas what it sounds like... but how to get it to stop???

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how could i tell? what is poly urithane and what is rubber in that area??

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My mistake, I thought you were talking about inserts. I believe the bushings in the AGP motor mount replacements are polyurethane, and often you hear recommendations that you lube up poly bushings before installation because if they're dry, poly has a tendency to squeak.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
my car made this same noise after installing dogbones....sounded terrible! don't worry, it will subside over time. now she's silent as a lamb.
- Jon

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4-TRS said:
my car made this same noise after installing dogbones....sounded terrible! don't worry, it will subside over time. now she's silent as a lamb.
- Jon
I keep thinkin somthing like loose and keep checkin the bolts... lol they are tight as hell!

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
fastflagsrt4 said:
I keep thinkin somthing like loose and keep checkin the bolts... lol they are tight as hell!
yep, sounds like they're loose, and clunking or something, but don't worry, they're not. and believe me, it'll go away.
- Jon

·
Registered
317 Posts
4-TRS said:
yep, sounds like they're loose, and clunking or something, but don't worry, they're not. and believe me, it'll go away.
- Jon
Same here, the top bolt came loose, and made a skweak noise. Then I applied threadlock and the mofo is still getting loose. Don't know what to do now. BTW I'm usin AVID MM with upgraded bolts.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i know one thing i did when installing the mounts but was not mentioned in the instructions.

The piece for the upper mount that you have to flip 180degrees has a small tab on it from the casting so i took the grinder to it since it would be pushing up against the timing belt cover otherwise

1 - 11 of 11 Posts