Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
their 8000K and took about an hour to install (I wanted it perfect so I took time, could've done it in 20 minutes rushing)

first picture is before with fog lights on

2nd picture is after with fogs on just for help to tell the difference :eveilgrin

positive and negative comments are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Freeway Flasher said:
nope can't tell a difference at all....

J/K they look awesome man......
thanks, I almost got 12000k just to blind people :lol: but decided the 8k would look better being its a bit bluish and my cars blue :bandit:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
looks....errrr stock..:rofl:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
liteshow said:
Umm you should have sprung for the fog lights too.
nah, I'm getting yellow foglights anyways, plus I don't believe they make HID fog lights.

NeonDan said:
looks....errrr stock..:rofl:
like I said...8000k>4600k :eveilgrin

Btrturbcharged said:
12k is that stupid purple color, you'd get pulled over every other day, the 8k is much better
lol, I think 12k is awesome just because it blinds other people

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
how would 12k blind people over 8k? any hids will blind people in a reflector housing. btw your lights dont put out 8k, not even 6k. Only one true hid kit puts out 5800k (phillips ultinon). They advertise them as 6000k though.cI think your confused about the k rating. It talks about color, not brightness.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Remax Realtor said:
how would 12k blind people over 8k? any hids will blind people in a reflector housing. btw your lights dont put out 8k, not even 6k. Only one true hid kit puts out 5800k (phillips ultinon). They advertise them as 6000k though.cI think your confused about the k rating. It talks about color, not brightness.
4100k has the most useable light, 8000k has a bluish tinge, 12000k has a ruby tinge to it

and I know the k rating is for the color, which is why I went with 8k for the bluish tinge since my car is blue.

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
dymondboy2f said:
4100k has the most useable light, 8000k has a bluish tinge, 12000k has a ruby tinge to it

and I know the k rating is for the color, which is why I went with 8k for the bluish tinge since my car is blue.
8k are nice.. I got the 6k's still has the blue hue to it but its extremely white :)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FastAttack said:
8k are nice.. I got the 6k's still has the blue hue to it but its extremely white :)
6k's are a lot brighter then the 8k's...but as I said, I'm a ricer and wanted the bluer ones.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CometVR4 said:
HIDs are nice, I'm still debating on 5000K or 6000K.
I want some blue in there but don't want it to be too blue.

btw...what happened to your wing??
go with 6k then, slightly blue but still mostly white

and my wing I took off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.