Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I installed the ATP Turbo Upgraded Pressure Pipe and the HKS Super SQV Blow Off Valve. Overall the installation went well... I was able to finish it in a couple of hours. But fitting the new pipe on was not easy. The fit is very tight and there isn't a lot of room to maneuver it, especially with the BOV on it. I had to take the silicone couplers off the UPP, and fit one onto the throttle body first, then put the pipe in that, then put the other coupler on the intercooler, then work very hard to get the bottom end of the pipe into that one.

The installation instructions were better than nothing, but could probably be improved. Especially the part about hooking up the vacuum lines. I had to think about that for a bit to figure it out. Maybe I'm just a dummy. (To be fair, I should mention that when I ordered the kit ATP was very friendly and said I could call them with any installation questions.)

Also, the vacuum hose that connects to the stock BOV doesn't fit very tightly. I had to use a tie wrap to secure it. I'll replace the wrap with a small hose clamp when I get one.

But it looks and sounds cool. ;-)

I'll try to post pictures tonight.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
screw the picture we want sounds :twisted: :twisted:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Thanks....and not to sound like an ass dont do ED style a 5 sec clip make it 10-15 secs atleast :roll: :wink: :lol: 8) :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
drolander said:
Last night I installed the ATP Turbo Upgraded Pressure Pipe and the HKS Super SQV Blow Off Valve. Overall the installation went well... I was able to finish it in a couple of hours. But fitting the new pipe on was not easy. The fit is very tight and there isn't a lot of room to maneuver it, especially with the BOV on it. I had to take the silicone couplers off the UPP, and fit one onto the throttle body first, then put the pipe in that, then put the other coupler on the intercooler, then work very hard to get the bottom end of the pipe into that one.

The installation instructions were better than nothing, but could probably be improved. Especially the part about hooking up the vacuum lines. I had to think about that for a bit to figure it out. Maybe I'm just a dummy. (To be fair, I should mention that when I ordered the kit ATP was very friendly and said I could call them with any installation questions.)

Also, the vacuum hose that connects to the stock BOV doesn't fit very tightly. I had to use a tie wrap to secure it. I'll replace the wrap with a small hose clamp when I get one.

But it looks and sounds cool. ;-)

I'll try to post pictures tonight.
What was the cost?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hemidakota said:
What was the cost?
$139 for the UPP and $214 for the BOV. The nice thing about the UPP is that it has a universal mount that takes an adapter flange for the BOV of your choice. So you can always change BOVs later and will just have to screw on a new adapter flange.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
so right now u are still retaingin the stov BOV?
Have a boost controller on it yet?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the installation instructions:

"The stock compressor bypass valve is integrated into the turbo compressor housing and therefore cannot be easily removed or upgraded.

The ATP UPP kit is designed to allow the customer to easily install an aftermarket Blow-Off Valve in the SRT-4 engine compartment without being destructive to any of the stock parts. The UPP kit includes all necessary hardware to do a simple install and is completely reversible in the future."

and...

"The supplied vacuum loom not only serves to supply a vacuum/boost signal to the new BOV for proper operation, but the check valve supplied in the vacuum track reconfigures the stock valve to prevent it from opening.

As a result, most of the venting duties are directed to the new, great, and powerful BOV which does the job much more efficiently by venting more air between shifts and taking the vent/reroute function away from the inlet track near the turbo to eliminate the air turbulence that can hurt performance.

…….not to mention, the BOV screams when ALL the air is sent through it!"

You can find the install instructions on their web site:

http://atpturbo.com/support/SRTUPPINSTALL.pdf

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
When you start installing vaccum pieces, its common practice to use tie wraps. The boost will start causing things to pop off. That pipe is very difficult to make due to the various bends in a very short run of pipe.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hemidakota said:
Is the pipe chromed and does it require any ceramic coating?
Yes it is chromed.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean about requiring ceramic coating, so I guess the answer is "no". :wink:

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
YOu dont want to ceramic coat any intercooler piping. Ceramic coating is ment to keep heat inside of an exhaust system. Heat is energry, so if you where to coat your exhaust manifold, you will have more energy to spin the blowdrier.

On any intercooler piping setup, the best material by far is aluminum being that it retains heat the least. Most people make custom aluminum piping out of steel being that its easier to obtain that aluminum bends and is easier to weld by far(my bov is welded on steel). But if you want a really sharp setup, go with aluminum all the way.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
YOu dont want to ceramic coat any intercooler piping. Ceramic coating is ment to keep heat inside of an exhaust system. Heat is energry, so if you where to coat your exhaust manifold, you will have more energy to spin the blowdrier.

On any intercooler piping setup, the best material by far is aluminum being that it retains heat the least. Most people make custom aluminum piping out of steel being that its easier to obtain that aluminum bends and is easier to weld by far(my bov is welded on steel). But if you want a really sharp setup, go with aluminum all the way.
Thanks for the heads up.

Are you still on track for the kit (dp, BOX, Boost controller, CAT)?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
drolander said:
cali said:
Have a boost controller on it yet?
I don't have a boost controller yet. I'll get there eventually. Next is motor mounts and lowering springs.
www.deyemeracing.com get the 3 mount set and dont keep putting them aside :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts